Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Cistern Column fall?
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Making a Cistern Column fall?

Like the tree falling in Amensia map_11 study. Can I make a cistern column fall, or would I have to make or ask somebody to create a special column for that purpose?
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM by Rapture.)
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Making a Cistern Column fall?

You have to create an entity with physics from the static column. I'm sure you can find some kind of info from this forum for that.

08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Yeah as said above you'll need a physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column, so it 'falls' sideways, before hitting the ground where you make particles and spawn a few rocks in it's place. just use dust to hide the bottom and top from view, as these will be the parts what will look a bit wierd when it falls, and maybe make it happen at a reasonable distance, so the player can't see the imperfections clearly Smile

08-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(08-05-2011, 03:53 PM)DRedshot Wrote: Yeah as said above you'll need a physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column, so it 'falls' sideways, before hitting the ground where you make particles and spawn a few rocks in it's place. just use dust to hide the bottom and top from view, as these will be the parts what will look a bit wierd when it falls, and maybe make it happen at a reasonable distance, so the player can't see the imperfections clearly Smile
I honestly have no clue to do the "physics enabled column, i'd suggest making a body at the foot of the column, attached by a joint to the main column". The joint makes sorta sense since I know how to do a bridge, but the physics thing... I have no idea where to start Sad

Edit: Just realized that static objects aren't easy to use, as in the other cistern models. They don't go active because their not considered a entitiy and theirs alot of other problems. Gonna skip the falling column and move to something different.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM by Rapture.)
08-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

Ok, i know you just said you dont want to do it anymore, but i'll just let you know for future reference - any static object can be turned into an entity. click "file>import mesh" navigate to the Stone Pillar. Goto ModelEditor>Settings>User Defined Variables then choose what object type it will be from the dropdown
then give the mesh a body. Now you can just save this in a folder in the entities folder, along with the other files which can be found in Static Objects>CisternBase>Stone Pillar (or similar).

To make it physics you just create a body, and give it a mass > 0
Hope this helps Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM by DRedshot.)
08-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Find