Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming project
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Upcoming project

One idea that would end either REALLY REALLY shitty or insanely good (depending on how it's executed) is combing all three of them, have all three stories going on at once in the same castle and have the player alternate perspectives through out it, have them experience the same events from different angles and help them tie together the story by witnessing different events and reading different notes. And of course it would end with all their stories tying together in some way. I know it would be incredibly hard to pull off but if done right it would be a ground shattering custom story. Of course finding a way to switch perspectives throughout it would be difficult but with the right effects it could be pulled off. Just an idea, I'll look forward to it even if you don't use that idea since it sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool anyways

Posting Freak
08-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Website Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

(08-07-2011, 10:43 AM)kman Wrote: One idea that would end either REALLY REALLY shitty or insanely good (depending on how it's executed) is combing all three of them, have all three stories going on at once in the same castle and have the player alternate perspectives through out it, have them experience the same events from different angles and help them tie together the story by witnessing different events and reading different notes. And of course it would end with all their stories tying together in some way. I know it would be incredibly hard to pull off but if done right it would be a ground shattering custom story. Of course finding a way to switch perspectives throughout it would be difficult but with the right effects it could be pulled off. Just an idea, I'll look forward to it even if you don't use that idea since it sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool anyways

Oh my god... you sir, are a genius!

[Image: a.jpg]
08-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(08-07-2011, 11:02 AM)Mosnye Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 10:43 AM)kman Wrote: One idea that would end either REALLY REALLY shitty or insanely good (depending on how it's executed) is combing all three of them, have all three stories going on at once in the same castle and have the player alternate perspectives through out it, have them experience the same events from different angles and help them tie together the story by witnessing different events and reading different notes. And of course it would end with all their stories tying together in some way. I know it would be incredibly hard to pull off but if done right it would be a ground shattering custom story. Of course finding a way to switch perspectives throughout it would be difficult but with the right effects it could be pulled off. Just an idea, I'll look forward to it even if you don't use that idea since it sounds like it's gonna be pretty cool anyways

Oh my god... you sir, are a genius!

Thank you very much, good sir :]

Posting Freak
08-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Haha kman that's actually what I was considering doing; not with my three ideas, but rather a different story. Also it makes the player omniscient (to a certain degree), meaning they'd know more than the character whose role they are assuming, which is something I don't want to happen.

08-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

not necessarily... if you didn't tell them who they were at the start, but just what their objective was then you could leave notes describing a story involving all 3 of them. but since they didn't know who was who or even that it was talking about them they wouldn't know a thing! that could also have a cool ending where they were all framed for doing some crime and you have to decide from the notes and the story who was the innocent one and then they get to leave the castle (of course you would only be aloud to let one of them live). that way it would give the player a reason to play through it again to see what happens if you let one of the others go through.

Posting Freak
08-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Website Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

(08-08-2011, 08:23 AM)kman Wrote: not necessarily... if you didn't tell them who they were at the start, but just what their objective was then you could leave notes describing a story involving all 3 of them. but since they didn't know who was who or even that it was talking about them they wouldn't know a thing! that could also have a cool ending where they were all framed for doing some crime and you have to decide from the notes and the story who was the innocent one and then they get to leave the castle (of course you would only be aloud to let one of them live). that way it would give the player a reason to play through it again to see what happens if you let one of the others go through.

Once again, genius! Big Grin

[Image: a.jpg]
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Website Find