Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can not play amnesia on windows 7 with intel hd accelerated media graphics
lesley Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago can not play amnesia on windows 7 with intel hd accelerated media graphics

Should I assume that Amnesia will not work on a toshiba satellite A505-S6005 i3 proc. with intel accelerated media hd graphics card? I have tried to update the driver on the intel site but no matter how many times, the laptop will NOT install a new driver, saying it doesn't have the signature. I am baffled. Is there no way to update an internal graphics driver for these specs" Processor*
Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor
Operating System*
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)*
Graphics Engine*
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Graphics Memory*
32MB-1696MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
08-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: can not play amnesia on windows 7 with intel hd accelerated media graphics

If you can't directly install a driver from Intel's website, you can try the following:

Uninstall you current graphics driver and then install the driver you downloaded from Intel.

or

Go to Toshiba website and download a driver from them, they might have updated their custom driver to include the latest improvements from Intel.
08-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: can not play amnesia on windows 7 with intel hd accelerated media graphics

remember that you need version 2361 to be able to play the game with Intel HD cards. Always try the demo before buying.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011, 09:48 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Find
lesley Offline

(08-08-2011, 08:00 AM)jens Wrote: If you can't directly install a driver from Intel's website, you can try the following:

Uninstall you current graphics driver and then install the driver you downloaded from Intel.

or

Go to Toshiba website and download a driver from them, they might have updated their custom driver to include the latest improvements from Intel.

No new updates whatsoever on toshiba site. I downloaded the new driver, it will not install, how do i uninstall and restart my computer and still have a display that is functional???
(08-08-2011, 09:46 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: remember that you need version 2361 to be able to play the game with Intel HD cards. Always try the demo before buying.

AND FYI I bought this on amazon.com where it only said windows 7. It was NEVER mentioned that this game has so many issues NOR that the graphics card was a major issue as well. VERY disappointing.
also you did not say if this will work on my dell inspiron with vista, and a geforce graphics card...
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM by lesley.)
08-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

with a geforce grapics card it will probably work. The card must support OpenGL 2.1 in order to play the game. Most Intel cards do not support OpenGL 2.1 and those that do, their drivers are very rarely updated. Shame on Intel and not the developers!
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Find
lesley Offline

(08-08-2011, 05:54 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: with a geforce grapics card it will probably work. The card must support OpenGL 2.1 in order to play the game. Most Intel cards do not support OpenGL 2.1 and those that do, their drivers are very rarely updated. Shame on Intel and not the developers!

OK I managed to find someone out there who explained HOW to get that updated driver installed, its a tricky bugger so for anyone else, you have to save the zip file of the update from intel, then go to update driver, browse from your computer, open the file, get into the graphics file, find the security certificate, etc etc but now the game works...sort of . BUT NOW I got as far as finding a letter from daniel to daniel on a table; and am now walking in circles. can not go anywhere. I am in a glitch? all the rooms lead to each other in a dead end basically. its not much fun gotta say. a red door is locked, another door goes down into a room, another hall deadends at a rock pile and yet one more path leads back into a room with a window table and thats about it. the pink footsteps all lead to dead ends. HELP
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

red door? What's that? Are you at the place where you find the first letter from Daniel? There is a switch there at a nearby wall.
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Find
lesley Offline

(08-08-2011, 10:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: red door? What's that? Are you at the place where you find the first letter from Daniel? There is a switch there at a nearby wall.

yeah, lol my first time playing a game like this, duh. So I couldn't open any of the furniture that I noticed in a youtube walkthrough contains a lot of tinderboxes, sigh. then I got to a room down stairs but it goes nowhere, like I said they all dead end. the red door says rainhall or something, drops lead to it but it says it's locked....ok SO I will try looking at the wall but of course I have no light lol. wish me luck. Any suggestion on the appropriate setting for the mouse? I am kinda all over the place up down ceiling, gettin dizzy.
08-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Are you sure you are playing the game with the correct graphics? There are no red doors, nor those strange things you mention. Show us a picture and attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
08-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Find
lesley Offline

(08-09-2011, 08:57 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Are you sure you are playing the game with the correct graphics? There are no red doors, nor those strange things you mention. Show us a picture and attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.

Aha, it appears I am in a nightmare of my own here, lol. The door is definitely a red colored wood door with rainhall on it. I FINALLY got out of that room and found a switch on a wall, but now I am in the basement and only found 3 bottles of chemicals and have NO clue what to do now...nothing happens I managed to drop them onto a table thats it. they fell behind some testubes and look to be stuck. Oh brother, it LOOKS like a cool game and scary...if the mouse wasn't jerky. I can't pick up stuff off the floor and carry them, they fall on the floor. The hand appears and reappears. Please advise as to correct mouse setting- other than that the graphics card seems to work with the updated driver...I will watch some walkthroughs on youtube maybe. but the mouse and movement is not smooth despite set on smooth....
08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Find