Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing the map
Nathannnnr93 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Testing the map

(08-16-2011, 03:00 AM)Phoroneus Wrote:
(08-15-2011, 08:36 AM)Nathannnnr93 Wrote:
(08-15-2011, 04:08 AM)kman Wrote: um how do you make a global.hps file?

Make a .txt file but rename .txt to .hps and just name it Global. Before you save it as that, add what you need to add inside it.
(08-14-2011, 11:18 PM)Phoroneus Wrote: That sounds like clipping. If you have more than one surface on the same plane, facing the same direction (like if walls overlap the ones next to them) the game can't decide which one to display, so it jumps back and forth. In the level editor, make sure the walls are perfectly flush with one another, or hide the joints using welder objects (which are solid and can be pulled out from the walls a bit.

If you really like the way the walls look, but don't like the clipping, you can modify the position of the walls very slightly so that one of the clipping ones is just a tiny bit behind the other. Do this by selecting the wall you want to move and modifying its position (by something like 0.001) in the boxes on the right. Make sure the position you change is the one normal (perpendicular) to the wall's face. You can also fix it in a similar fashion by scaling the walls slightly (this works especially well on door frames and the like), by a similarly tiny amount.

No its not that :/ everything jutters, i think its the screen more than anything. No object is overlapping i deleted all the walls and started again but still the same.. Im coming to the conclusion that its just normal and i'll have to live with it Tongue

Does it jitter when you're playing the regular game? Might be a horizontal sync issue. It's not an insanity effect, is it? You're standing in a lit area, I hope. That'd be kind of an embarrassing explanation. Tongue

I am standing in a well lit area of my map and i just completed Justine with nothing of the sorts so its nothing to do with the "ACTUAL" settings :S
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011, 05:25 PM by Nathannnnr93.)
08-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Find