Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blue Screen on Exit
bad omen Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Blue Screen on Exit

my problem is that whenever i want to exit the game i get a blue screen from windows stating that it will restart because it encoutered a critical error or something like that.alt-tabbing or alt+f4 has the same effect.
do you have any ideea what could be wrong ? i tried to reinstal the game but it's the same thing.should i try to reinstal windows ?
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Blue Screen on Exit

Hard to say, try updating your video card drivers first incase you have not already.
You could also go to My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1 and delete the settings.cfg file to see if using the default settings will solve it.
Then yes maybe you will have to reinstall Windows, but only if you are experiencing other problems that makes is plausible that the windows install is broken.
05-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Website Find
bad omen Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Blue Screen on Exit

i updated them and i still get the problem. i think the windows install is broken because i got the same problem on KotOR 2. i searched the Peumbra Ouverture directory in My Documents but didn't find the settings.cfg. i think they appear after exiting the game correctly, and it seems that it always uses default configuration because i get he screen where i need to ajust the contrast every time i start.

i modified some lines in the default.cfg to modify my resolution so i don't have to exit and renter the game, and now it works just fine. i found out when i accidentaly presed the windows key and it didn't crash my computer. thanks for the help anyway
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2007, 04:27 PM by Desert-Fox.)
05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Find