Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make "Sleeping script" using only Examine area?
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
How to make "Sleeping script" using only Examine area?

This is confusing "One of stories" has this "sleeping script couple times like a when you complete quest then go to back to sleep.

How this works? what I have to use first I have to talk "like my servant" then sleep overnight how I made this happen using area for a bed or what? I mean when I wake up everything is changed in the same place when you wake up on the same bed.

Please enlight me with this Smile

Thanks.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: How to make "Sleeping script" using only Examine area?

Why does it have to be an examine area? Why not a normal script area? Are you trying to ask how to have the player sleep for x hours and then wake up with the lights a different color?

If that is the case, then I'll explain what needs to happen. The player could click on the bed where a script area is interactable and then have a fade out effect and then change the lighting or such to whatever time the player will wake up to. Then finally have the player be teleported back into the bed crouched, if the player doesn't get in the bed manually. Finally, have the screen fade back in to normal followed by the normal waking up procedure.

I'm sure you can translate that paragraph into some script, since you could have at least attempted it. Smile

08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: How to make "Sleeping script" using only Examine area?

(08-16-2011, 01:47 PM)Kyle Wrote: Why does it have to be an examine area? Why not a normal script area? Are you trying to ask how to have the player sleep for x hours and then wake up with the lights a different color?

If that is the case, then I'll explain what needs to happen. The player could click on the bed where a script area is interactable and then have a fade out effect and then change the lighting or such to whatever time the player will wake up to. Then finally have the player be teleported back into the bed crouched, if the player doesn't get in the bed manually. Finally, have the screen fade back in to normal followed by the normal waking up procedure.

I'm sure you can translate that paragraph into some script, since you could have at least attempted it. Smile

Okay, but Why "Servant Diaries" have this "Examine Area thing to use that "sleeping script" thats confusing. But anyway thanks bunch of helping me. I'll try your advices.

“Life is a game, play it”
08-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Find