Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

Yes, you do kill her.
But that was Clarence's fault. He made you see her as a infected and therefore you kill Amabel with dropping the box. After she dies, you see her as a human.

09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Website Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

*takes notes*

Okay Good and Friendly for Amabel.

Hot headed, dramatic, and klepto for Red. That fills his traits, but if anyone has any other ideas for him, feel free to chime in. :p

Insanity makes sims do all sorts of weird shit, Greykin, including wearing their pajamas to work, and their formal attire to bed. Their responses to social interactions will be completely at random, and they can "Talk Madness" to others, which will delight insane sims and weird out sane ones. I can see this one fitting Dr. Eminiss to some degree; the others, I'm not so sure. XD

This is a real nice start everyone! We still need 3 more traits for Amabe, 4 more for Dr. Eminiss, 4 for Howard, 3 for Clarence, and 5 for Phillip. If there was a stupid trait, I'd give it to Phillip for being such an idiot. XD

Does anyone know Phillip's last name? I know Howard's is LaFresque, and I believe Phillip has a different name.

And right quick here is the ground level of the lot, empty except for the two small buildings that house the elevator and the staircase leading from below. I'm really not sure what to do with this space. Any ideas, monkeys?

[Image: Screenshot-62.jpg]

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
09-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(09-12-2011, 08:21 PM)Scraper Wrote: Yes, you do kill her.
But that was Clarence's fault. He made you see her as a infected and therefore you kill Amabel with dropping the box. After she dies, you see her as a human.

Oh yes, I totally forgot that part's specifics. Thx Scrap! Smile

(09-12-2011, 10:29 PM)eiahmon Wrote: And right quick here is the ground level of the lot, empty except for the two small buildings that house the elevator and the staircase leading from below. I'm really not sure what to do with this space. Any ideas, monkeys?

Maybe a creepy graden? Tongue
09-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(09-12-2011, 08:21 PM)Scraper Wrote: Yes, you do kill her.
There's a good bit of debate over whether she was infected or not, over here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-1958.html . Personally I think she was not infected, but both sides have good arguments.
09-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Sims are done!

From left to right: Red, Phillip, Dr. Eminiss, Howard, Clarence, and Amabel. Clarence is a clone of Phillip, and I then tweaked his features and changed the colors of his clothes. Howard and Phillip are father/son in the game, and it was a real fun time getting that to work, with their ages and all. They're both adults, and the game will not allow parent/child relationships between sims that are the same age or close to the same age. I had to start Phillip off as a teenager, and use a cheat to force his age transition to young adult, and then again to adult. I tore the internet apart looking for winter gear for Phillip and found nothing. I'll probably have to wait until Maxis and EA come out with a Seasons expansion.

[Image: Screenshot-71.jpg]

Killing Red. It took two tries.

[Image: Screenshot-78.jpg]

I had no clear picture in my head for Dr. Eminiss when I went into Create-a-Sim, so I decided to just look around in the premade sims and see if one struck my fancy. I then altered my chosen sim.

[Image: Screenshot-80.jpg]

It gets funny (at least for me) when you see what Dr. Eminiss started out as.

The ground level of the lot. I opted to make it a wild place with trees, weeds, and sinkholes.

[Image: Screenshot-92.jpg]

The lot is now being playtested, and I've already had to remove the pushable bookshelves from the library, since they didn't work. I also took out the hidden door, because once it was found, it no longer blended in with the wall, and it looked like crap. I also took out the tomb room marker from Howard's room, since it served no purpose once the room was found. I left the tomb objects on the Storage area for now, and if I play for a while with no problem, then my friend Jikkuri is going to playtest it further. If either one of us have any trouble, I'll take out all the tomb objects before releasing the lot.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011, 11:16 AM by eiahmon.)
09-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Why is Phillip's hair white while it's brown in the game?

09-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(09-19-2011, 01:45 PM)Scraper Wrote: Why is Phillip's hair white while it's brown in the game?
indeed, everything else is great but why does he have white hair?
09-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

The only times I saw his hair, he was blond in game, and that is what he is in sims. It's the bright light that makes it look white. Later I am going to send him to a stylist and darken his hair color to a darker blond. I'm glad to hear though that everything else is great. XD

Playtest humor here. First Red comes out to play.

[Image: Screenshot-97.jpg]

And then Howard comes out the following night, and he proceeds to raid the fridge. He's a purple ghost because he died of needs failure.

[Image: Screenshot-114.jpg]

And the elevator gives Clarence hell. And you guys are right, his hair looks white. *makes a note*

[Image: Screenshot-111.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-112.jpg]

Not shown are Eminiss going to work in his swimming trunks, Amabel trying to cheer up a grumpy Clarence and getting yelled at for her efforts, Howard scaring a sim that was walking by the lot so bad that he fainted (My Daniel sim incidentaly.) and Eminiss getting weird looks from the others when he abandones his breakfast - which he was eating in his swimwear again - and completely freaks out because the voices are talking to him. XD

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2011, 09:28 PM by eiahmon.)
09-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

ha,ha looks great! Smile Add a monster-sim like an infected
09-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

I would love to, but that requires body meshing, which is way, way, WAY beyond my meager modding abilities. As far as I know, there are no modders that do that for Sims 3 - yet. XD

09-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Find