Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
Penumbra in Sims 3

It took a bit of doing, but I was able to cram the first half of the Shelter (The part that has the infirmary, and the library.) into a single 64x64 sized lot on Sims 3. In computer area I had to get rid of the short hallway that you walk down when you enter that intersects with the hallway leadnig down to where Dr. Eminiss locked himself in, and I had to turn the machine room on its side and flip it around so it would fit along the bottom on the lot. The hallways are narrower and shorter, but I think it worked out fine so far. I'll probably be tweaking it as I go.

Since then I've been slowly importing the patterns and textures from Black Plague's files into Sims. It was awfully nice of Frictional to make them so easy to access. XD Here are a few pics of what I'e got so far.

The residential corridor with the doors to the library at the end. I showed this to a friend who had played the game, and it creeped her out a little. I know that's not the right ceiling for that area, but I can't find the right file in the game's files. I know it's in there somewhere; it has to be, but I can't seem to find it.
[Image: Screenshot-19.jpg]

The room where you start - I always call it Amabel's room, not sure if it really is hers or not. XD I've been looking for a fuse box, but so far, no dice. Since meshing is beyond the range of my meager modding skills, I'll have to go without if I can't find one. I'm currently working on the bathroom.
[Image: Screenshot-17.jpg]

I even put the wall art in the game. XD
[Image: Screenshot-18.jpg]

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011, 07:59 PM by eiahmon.)
08-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

That looks fantastic!

08-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Website Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

This looks awesome! Are you going to recreate more areas?
08-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Thanks! XDDD

As to your question Frost, if possible, I'm going to try and replicate the entire first half of the shelter. Some things won't be possible, like all the pipes running around, because no suck objects exists for the game. (Yet. Just give the modding community time....) The glass roof in the library may not be possible either, and some of the architechture in that room definately won't be possible, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2011, 06:29 AM by eiahmon.)
08-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

This looks great! Never thought of something like that to be honest. Maybe a friend of mine can play Penumbra at last! Tongue
08-17-2011, 10:08 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Well, I'm sure your friend would enjoy it because I have every intention of putting Red in the lot once it's completed (It's going to be a residential lot.) along with Phillip, Amabel, and Dr. Eminiss.

Spoiler below!
The fun part will be that Red will be a ghost. Just create the sim, and then cause him to die in a fire and voila!, one fiery red ghost that goes around scaring the shit out of the other sims on the lot!

Did I mention you can pick your sims' personality traits? So Dr. Eminiss will be a genius (and possibly eccentric and a bookworm), and Red will be insane. I'm not sure what Phillip and Amabel will be. Maybe when I get to that stage, I'll post a list of available traits and people can give me suggestions. XD

Anyway, I'm off to make more walls and floors. Making new walls from scratch is such a pain in the ass. I can't imagine how game developers feel when having to make them. XD

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2011, 11:20 PM by eiahmon.)
08-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
Rigi Offline

Threads: 2

Looks pretty neat! I'm sure that I could never get this kind of thing done, and on Sims 3 no less.

I guess Amabel would be pretty optimistic, considering how cheerful she could be in her situation in the facility.
08-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

ha,ha great. Great work. Will this be...released somehow?
08-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Haha. Good idea, Rigi *makes note* Amable is optomistic. Does that trait even exist? I'll have to check...

I'm sure we could work something out, Pluto. XDDD

08-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

(08-17-2011, 11:19 PM)eiahmon Wrote:
Spoiler below!
The fun part will be that Red will be a ghost. Just create the sim, and then cause him to die in a fire and voila!, one fiery red ghost that goes around scaring the shit out of the other sims on the lot!
That's pretty great, even if it's a little sad! xD
08-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Find