Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choppyness, no hud, strange lines (JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE)
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Choppyness, no hud, strange lines...

Maybe we should fix the physx problem first as it might be causing problems to the driver. Uninstall the nvidia drivers and restart. Run driver sweeper. Select all nvidia options and remove everything found. Restart and re-run driver sweeper in case something was left. Now install the drivers again and make sure to select clean install. It should install everything normally.

Update 1.2 should and most probably cannot cause such problems. In general, can you install the game and leave it without updates from steam just to see if it works that way?
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 11:20 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

Threads: 1

(08-19-2011, 11:19 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Maybe we should fix the physx problem first as it might be causing problems to the driver. Uninstall the nvidia drivers and restart. Run driver sweeper. Select all nvidia options and remove everything found. Restart and re-run driver sweeper in case something was left. Now install the drivers again and make sure to select clean install. It should install everything normally.

Update 1.2 should and most probably cannot cause such problems. In general, can you install the game and leave it without updates from steam just to see if it works that way?

Tried all that stuff with driver sweeper, and even made sure no folders and stuff were left behind. Physx just wont install, period :-(. I believe it is installed but just not showing up on the programs list in control panel. Theres also no way for me to back track to an earlier version of the game because steam already has 1.2 on their servers and thats it. Well its 330 in the morning so im gonna go to sleep but ill get back with you tomorrow morning if you can think of something else to do to fix this. Thank you for all your help so far, :-).
08-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Oh sorry, here it's midday actually. Maybe Jens can help you further. I will change the topic title for him to see it hopefully. Smile
08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Choppyness, no hud, strange lines (JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE)

I don't know really, can't recall ever seeing this problem before. So can only think that it is either a driver bug or some sort of specific software conflict going on.
08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Website Find
metalhead520 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Choppyness, no hud, strange lines (JENS TAKE A LOOK PLEASE)

(08-19-2011, 11:52 AM)jens Wrote: I don't know really, can't recall ever seeing this problem before. So can only think that it is either a driver bug or some sort of specific software conflict going on.

Im so confused on this lol. Ive tried everything there is to do to no avail. Driver sweeper, making sure drivers are installed correctly. I even have the physx installed now correctly but that didn't change anything :-(. I dont have anything running in the background and Ive even tried a different driver version which was the last one nvidia put out before the 280.26 drivers, I think it was the 275.33. Everything worked fine up until the 1.2 patch so that is leading me to think that it could be some kind of unseen bug with that.....or im just one of the lucky users that play the game that get a rare bug that cant be found for some reason. Ive got the luck that if a game has a bug somewhere or if it conflicts with something, I will find it hahahaha. I swear by this game though, it is and most likely always will be the scariest horror game ive ever played. Nothing comes close to it at all.
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

I figured it out :-), Ive been using a trainer program in the background since i suck at these kinds of games, especially under pressure from bad guys. It was running in the background while the game is, causing interference with the lantern and the lighting in the game. Also making everything extremely slow and choppy. Kinda sucks I can't use it because I was having fun running around in the complete darkness not worrying about dying :-).
08-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Of course that would happen... Do not use these trainers in-game. They always cause problems and they make cause some with the save games.

(for the shake of it, it does not work because this trainer was made for v1.0 of the game and not v1.2)
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 10:58 AM by plutomaniac.)
08-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Find
metalhead520 Offline

(08-25-2011, 10:58 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Of course that would happen... Do not use these trainers in-game. They always cause problems and they make cause some with the save games.

(for the shake of it, it does not work because this trainer was made for v1.0 of the game and not v1.2)

Thats the thing though, up until the 1.2 patch, the trainers that i used worked perfectly, i had infinite health and lamp oil, i know i know, i shouldnt play a game like that, but once i beat a game i just like to have fun. I just wish there were built in cheats for the game so i can do that without something running in the background. But thank you, and thank you Jens for trying to figure this out for me, even though it was ultimately my fault. So whens Amnesia 2 coming out haha :-)
08-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9278.html
08-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Find