Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Teamnesia: A community-wide effort
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Teamnesia: A community-wide effort

My map is done minus tweaks!

Edit: 4 play-testers is enough for now.
Edit 2: Sending out test versions one at a time, so i can pass on information that has been learned to later testers. If you have already contacted me you are on the list, it may just take a little while Smile.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011, 08:56 PM by Apjjm.)
09-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(09-08-2011, 07:03 PM)Apjjm Wrote: My map is done minus tweaks!

Edit: 4 play-testers is enough for now.
Edit 2: Sending out test versions one at a time, so i can pass on information that has been learned to later testers. If you have already contacted me you are on the list, it may just take a little while Smile.
That is great. I will have to bring myself to finish my own map. Will try to do it sometime this weekend, so that we may release this project. What is the status of everyone else?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19

I got sidetracked by the map I am making for Cry, so my original map will be a while, but ill try to finish the one for Cry this weekend Smile

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Whoever is making a hub map should put "ClearSavedMaps();" into the "OnEnter" event. This way, we can guarantee that all maps - no matter how many times they are repeated - will run the same (minus effects made by global variables) as if they had been played for the first time. After all, there will be no cross-map puzzles requiring levels to be saved, and all maps are effectively their-own mini individual custom stories. This also will prevent the save file from needlessly increasing in size, tending towards a rather huge file after visiting several maps! Any changes made in the hub map will still persist between levels - so if there is some kind of puzzle based on visiting several maps, that would (and should anyway, in my opinion) go in the hub.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011, 11:39 PM by Apjjm.)
09-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

I'm sorry to say that my map will take longer than expected. I want this one to be good, yet somehow I'm getting the feeling that amount of work does not equal to more awesomeness. I have spent more than 15 hours experimenting with a scene I want to make - a scene which lasts for 30 seconds heh Smile I can promise you guys though that this map will definately contain things not seen in any other map (whether it was worth going through the process of creating these things will be up to the community to decide).

On another note I can also announce that Cry have voiceacted for this map, as well have I. The main chunk of the map is completed, I do however have alot of finetunement to go through. I could be looking at alot of work before its done (40+ hours?).

09-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

My map will be ready within 24 hours!
This map is a little beast Smile
- 8 new models! (The modelpack included in this map makes it worthwhile downloading just for the models)
- Several new textures!
- A new enemy! (The first one presented in a story?)
- Loaded with new sounds!
- 2400 lines of scripting! (My ineffective scripting comes to mind)
- Voice-acting! (Cryaotic + me)
- Some story(hurray!)

However, I am thinking about releasing it as a stand-alone project since:
1. I've put an insane amount of hours on it (being one map only). It will probably give it more exposure.
2. I want to release it as soon as possible - and I'm unsure of the progress on everyone else's maps.
3. Reading notes from emotionstones (=bad) the white background causes serious eyebleed.

Edit: On another note I could share the .ent file for having a letter as an emotion stone.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011, 04:15 AM by Acies.)
10-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Gee, i wonder what this can be used for? I think we all know what!

I'll release this entity after a bit more testing. This will certainly be in Amnesia's Creed, unless an unavoidable issue occurs.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Age of Chivalry?

10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Website Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

I've been away for a month or two and when I come back there's cannons?

AWESOME!

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Cry is going to have a heart attack when he sees this
10-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Find