Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texturing
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19
Texturing

Okay, so I am decent at modeling in Maya. However I have one serious flaw. I cannot texture anything....

Can anyone either help me out with a brief explanation or link me to a tutorial on how to texture a finished model? I am just trying to take a basic wall (castlebase_default) from the main game, and retexture it. I have downloaded a texture and have the model loaded, I just don't really grasp how to apply the texture.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
08-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Texturing

Not sure what you are trying to do. After you have made a model in maya you have to unwrap it, then export the uv map and start making the texture on top of it in some texturing program...photoshop or GIMP for example.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
08-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

I got that far, I just don't know the next step. How should I apply a downloaded texture on top of that? What should I save that file as to apply it to the model in Maya? I know it's basic stuff, for some reason I just can't figure it out Tongue

08-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

I helped someone out a couple of weeks ago. You can always try it out, and see if it works Wink

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9521.html

there were some other problems he run into, even after following my tutorial, so remember to read through the whole thread. Good luck.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM by DRedshot.)
08-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Find
Selyp Offline

Thank you DRedshot! That link looks very helpful, once I get home tonight I'll give it a shot and see if I can get my model textured Smile

08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Find