Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The body on the fountain in back hall
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
The body on the fountain in back hall

Did anyone notice the body on the legs of the fountain in the back hall? It appears when you came back from the storage, and it disappears while you're not looking at it!
One second it's there, and you turn your head and back to the fountain and it's gone.

Is it supposed to be Daniel's mind going insane, or are we to assume 'something' took the body or that he got up and left?
And how is the body supposed to have ended up being there in the first place while you were in the storage?

It sometimes comes back when you go in another level and enter the back hall again later on (but again disappears if you look away from it for too long).
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8
RE: The body on the fountain in back hall

I think it's just there to give the player an "ehh ew wtf?" feeling. I've never had it appear and disappear like you've described, but I didn't spend much time in the back hall after seeing the body. Since it disappears/reappears like that, it's also probably Daniel's insanity messing with him/you.
It's been a while since I last played, but isn't the body also accompanied by the Shadow goop? The Shadow kills anything/anybody in its way.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2011, 09:27 PM by Frost.)
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

It's just there, it doesn't really signify anything other then the shadow put it there
08-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Website Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

The thing that always creeped me a bit about that body was the fact that it was small, and therefore a child. Granted, it was obvious that children had died in that castle, but seeing that made me shiver.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
08-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

I didn't really perceive that body as being that of a child, but what striked me was that everyone in that castle seems to be naked.

All the bodies are naked.
The water thing obviously isn't wearing anything.
The monsters just wear a small rag.
The only clothing items you will ever find in the drawers are shirts.

This leads me to believe that daniel is just wearing shirts and no pants.
08-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(08-24-2011, 10:38 AM)eiahmon Wrote: The thing that always creeped me a bit about that body was the fact that it was small, and therefore a child. Granted, it was obvious that children had died in that castle, but seeing that made me shiver.

It's not that small...
08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Website Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

(08-24-2011, 05:43 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 10:38 AM)eiahmon Wrote: The thing that always creeped me a bit about that body was the fact that it was small, and therefore a child. Granted, it was obvious that children had died in that castle, but seeing that made me shiver.

It's not that small...

I think it just looks small in comparison to the legs it is laying on. I always thought the legs on the fountain looked HUGE.
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

I remember this coming up in some thread quite awhile back. The body found laying in the fountain was added during one of the patches/updates. I know this to be true for the fact that it exists in my Steam copy of the game, yet not in my retail copy (which I never bothered to update from 1.0).
08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

No it wasn't. I finished the game on its first version (retail release) -- the body was there.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Okay...well, then whoever wrote that initially was wrong (where I got the information). And I must have done something to not trigger it must first play as it never appeared until my second run.
08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Find