(04-06-2012 08:52 AM)zombiehacker595 Wrote: what would i have to do to teleport the player to a different map after death
You can set up a checkpoint that calls a function when you die. Put in a mapchange into that function.
void CheckPoint (string& asName, string& asStartPos, string& asCallback, string& asDeathHintCat, string& asDeathHintEntry);
Sets a checkpoint at which the player will respawn in case he dies.
Callback syntax: void MyFunc(string &in asName, int alCount)
Count is 0 on the first checkpoint load!
- the internal name
- the name of the StartPos in the editor
- the function to call when the player dies/respawns
- the category of the death hint message to be used in the .lang file
- the entry in the .lang file
void ChangeMap(string& asMapName, string& asStartPos, string& asStartSound, string& asEndSound);
Immediatly loads another map.
- the file to load
- the name of the StartPos on the next map
- the sound that is played when the change starts
- the sound that is played when the new map is loaded