Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Frictional Games (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Dead Space 3 Gameplay (/thread-18604.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Adny - 10-04-2012

(10-04-2012, 03:24 AM)Statyk Wrote: I should re-write that dictionary.
Agreed, you're much more poetic Big Grin

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Robby - 10-04-2012

I remember one "WTF?" moment in DS2 was when I saw the "baby" thing and the woman (I think she was insane). It seemed like a reunion, until the baby suddenly blew up.

And the worst of all is
Spoiler below!

needle in your eye

part. That still shakes me up.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Hunter of Shadows - 10-04-2012

(10-04-2012, 03:02 PM)Nemet Robert (Robby) Wrote: I remember one "WTF?" moment in DS2 was when I saw the "baby" thing and the woman (I think she was insane). It seemed like a reunion, until the baby suddenly blew up.

And the worst of all is
Spoiler below!

needle in your eye

part. That still shakes me up.
that part isn't a big deal...unless you mess up

(10-04-2012, 06:28 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: that part isn't a big deal...unless you mess up
Which is why I mentioned it.

But yeah, quite some intense moments there. The "sun" scare made me jump, but then I lol'ed and felt ashamed.

I got scared by a cartoon sun! But it ain't only me who got scared like that.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Statyk - 10-04-2012

Similar to that Nemet, I always get caught in the solar station, when you're going to the system mainframe, there's one containment door you go through and as you go through it, a body drops from the ceiling and Isaac freaks out. I've played DS2 maybe 10 times and it gets me every damn time.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - KingWolf - 10-04-2012

(10-04-2012, 06:40 PM)Statyk Wrote: Similar to that Nemet, I always get caught in the solar station, when you're going to the system mainframe, there's one containment door you go through and as you go through it, a body drops from the ceiling and Isaac freaks out. I've played DS2 maybe 10 times and it gets me every damn time.
Lol, the sun part got me too. Quite a funny jumpscare.

And yeah, that body thing... I don't really remember it, but I guess that's just me.

(10-04-2012, 06:40 PM)Statyk Wrote: Similar to that Nemet, I always get caught in the solar station, when you're going to the system mainframe, there's one containment door you go through and as you go through it, a body drops from the ceiling and Isaac freaks out. I've played DS2 maybe 10 times and it gets me every damn time.
The sun scare gets me too. But I shiver each time the eye needle part jumps in. I dread doing that.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Kreekakon - 10-04-2012

I liked the "variation" of this scare better in Dead Space 1, where I think in the first chapter Issac opens a door, and a dead body falls down silently. Much better in my opinion.

Except of course for the occasional chance the physics mess up, and the body remains stuck on the ceiling.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - CorinthianMerchant - 10-04-2012

Haven't played it, might buy.

Weapon crafting looks really cool though.

RE: Dead Space 3 Gameplay - Statyk - 10-04-2012

(10-04-2012, 06:53 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I liked the "variation" of this scare better in Dead Space 1, where I think in the first chapter Issac opens a door, and a dead body falls down silently. Much better in my opinion.

Except of course for the occasional chance the physics mess up, and the body remains stuck on the ceiling.
I've noticed that many things like that that cause a specific type of fear. Things not pointed out to you, events/monsters with no sound cues. I find myself getting disturbed when I witness something that is eerie, but it is not pointed out by sounds, music, or forcing the player to look at it. It was actually a technique I was going to use in my Amnesia mod, Nearsight. I forgot about that scare in DS1. But then again, I've only played it once on xbox, and half way on PC. Gotta play dat.