Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
When Life No Longer Exists [RELEASED!] - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-35.html)
+---- Forum: Showcase (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html)
+---- Thread: When Life No Longer Exists [RELEASED!] (/thread-10802.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

When Life No Longer Exists [RELEASED!] - Unearthlybrutal - 10-16-2011

When Life No Longer Exists

[Image: Clipboard02.jpg]

A viking related full conversion mod to Amnesia.

JUSTINE IS REQUIRED!!!!
You need to have "Justine" installed properly on your computer to play this mod.

The man was great viking veteran warrior and he was turning to Christianity, but in satanic way.
He cursed his house with satanic bible and rituals, that who ever comes this house, will be doomed.
The veteran was also good mechanic. He built up a big machinery to protect himself from the enemy.
But something went badly wrong. He started to hear strange talking all around the house.
He started to fear Valkyries, whom were supposed to take the greatest warriors from the battleground to the Valhalla.
The veteran wanted to go to the Valhalla, but first he needed to die like a warriors was supposed to die.
He was about to die in his own home and he couldn't start the war again, so he was in trouble.

Now, 1542, Samuel Gullstrand (you), has bought this estate and started to live there.
Ever since he moved there, he started to have nightmares and suffered from severe pain during the nights.

He sees the same nightmare every night, "Gates of Hell opens in this house".

He is the first one who sleeps in this house after almost 500 years.
It's only his third night in this house.

But what, if the nightmares aren't only the nightmares?
And did the veteran ever made his way to the Valhalla?
You will find out...

Be sure to read the story before you play!

A Full-conversion mod to Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

There will be:

-Dark rooms and scary/creepy atmosphere,
-Beautifully designed maps/levels,
-"Hidden story" (exists in letters),
-A few scares,
-Tremendous fear,
-Whole new story,
-New stuff to investigate (entities, static objects),
-New monsters
-Monsters without music and spawn sound, so you can't predict when grunt walks towards you behind of any corner,

-Extra (custom) story based on this mod,
-...etc, etc...

...and of course a couple of easter eggs

Please, tell me your thoughts of the mod.

Latest trailer contains one of the songs I made for this mod.
New trailer:
Spoiler below!

Old trailer:
Spoiler below!

Some info about this mod:

-gameplay lasting: at this moment about 4 hours (I keep this up to date)

-levels done so far: 33 at this moment (I keep this up to date)

There are a few new monsters and I've also edited amnesia's monsters.

Important for the atmosphere:
There will not be "monster music" or spawn sounds. They ruin the experience, because of that you can listen to it... when the music stops --> there's no monster. And the spawn sound... At the any random corner, you can't know what's behind of it.
At this moment only the grunt doesn't have music or spawn sound (only a couple of specific grunts have spawn sound, but not music). Brute will be unchanged... or... Angel

The items are not glowing in the darkness, so you really need to investigate the environment if you want to find something useful.

Updates/Change log:
Spoiler below!

-story line

-replaced lantern with candle (use a candle instead of lantern)

-oil replaced with matches/tinderboxes (*new replacement, see below)

-preliminary versions of some levels

-custom sounds

-converted entities from penumbra

-converted static objects from penumbra (*planes)

-own static objects (*planes)

-easy puzzles

-medium puzzles (maybe a little too much levers and wheels, but the story is very much based with these)

-hard puzzles

-textures

-loading screen pictures

-menu/intro song

-song for the pre-menu

-a few other songs

-custom particle systems

-custom decals

-ambient lightning (box lights, spot lights and point lights mixed together)

-custom models (self made and modified amnesia models, like that satanic crucifix/cross)

-fixed candles physics

-I made a little surprise for you

-fixed candles point light and billboard bug

-added much sounds to make the atmosphere better

-more own entities and static objects (for example chair, walls, welder...)

-much more letters and improved storyline

-better "hidden story" in letters

-new door (similar as my grandmother's boiler room door)
(*pannu huone in Finnish)

-matches ("oil") replaced with new candles

-edited some old levels (I made them bigger and I added a lot of more stuff to investigate)

-scare event from Finnish horror movie "Sauna" (new entities made for that)

-new entities (I'm not telling all things in advance)

-some minor bug fixes and a couple of bigger fixes

-again some fixes and changes

-monster sounds

-monster animations (by Measuring. Thanks man, I really appreciate your help)

-extra story: Inn Of The Shadows

-again some new entities

-new monster

-new entities

-new hand/candle animations by Statyk

-I redone one entity

-new entities (again... and again... and...)

-new ("static") entities

-some general fixes

Screens:

Spoiler below!

New oil replacement:
[Image: Amnesia_2012-01-28_14-31-42-741.jpg]

Inventory:
[Image: Amnesia_2012-01-28_14-32-27-059.jpg]

Link to the Mod Db page where you can find more pictures.

There is also extra story which uses the stuff of this mod:

Inn Of The Shadows

Story:

"You've heard a lot of stories about the haunted inn somewhere in the lifeless forest.
You decided to go and explore the dark past of the inn."

The "Inn Of The Shadows" is outdoor map, where you can walk in the forest and explore the environment such as the inn/motel, some yard buildings, cellar, etc...
There is no level doors, all things are happening in the same place.

Remember, you are there to investigate. You won't get far if you just walk around.
Read the notes and letters to get information of the past.
There are no mementos or simple tasks to do.
To get further, you need to figure things out by yourself.

Links:

ModDB

Inn Of The Shadows

My website (Just some random stuff like a game that I'm working on atm.)

Please, donate! =)

Download link.

RE: Planned to do full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Elven - 10-16-2011

Good luck ^^

RE: Planned to do full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Unearthlybrutal - 10-16-2011

(10-16-2011, 08:14 PM)Elven Wrote: Good luck ^^
ThanksSmile

RE: Planned to do full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Juby - 10-17-2011

( ゚д゚)

shouldn't you at least tell us the name?

RE: Planned to do full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Unearthlybrutal - 10-17-2011

I haven't decided the name yet, but today I gonna do preliminary menu back ground and design the mod

RE: "When Life No More Exists" full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Unearthlybrutal - 10-18-2011

Listening Amon Amarth while making preliminary version of third map. \m/

----> going to have a cigarette and then sleep... Big Grin

RE: "When Life No More Exists" full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Elven - 10-18-2011

Wow... Candle... I freaking love it Tongue!

I had something pretty similar planned, but never said it out loud, I mean I had this just as idea. How you plan using it Tongue? I mean, will tinderboxes give "oil"?

RE: "When Life No More Exists" full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Unearthlybrutal - 10-18-2011

(10-18-2011, 10:35 PM)Elven Wrote: Wow... Candle... I freaking love it Tongue!

I had something pretty similar planned, but never said it out loud, I mean I had this just as idea. How you plan using it Tongue? I mean, will tinderboxes give "oil"?
There is no normal/usual tinderboxes anymore, which you can light the normal candles. There is now only these tinderboxes which you can light the candle you are carrying. It means, as you said, the tinderboxes will give "oil" Smile

RE: "When Life No More Exists" full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Elven - 10-19-2011

Aww. I had similar idea - that you will use tinderboxes to light candle and after every (lets say 5) minutes, it will go off, so you have to relighten it. I thought it little bit more complicated - Also if there are any scares - light will go and if you move way too fast Tongue. But that last variant probably won't work (havent thought full solution yet), as how can I tell if player is moving candle too fast or not. Only way I have thought so far is putting huge script areas around the map and make some kind of timer thingy that if mouse moves too fast to some area far away while 'cooldown' timer is still running - it would go off. But that can be also pretty risky in some sense Tongue.

Anyway it is hard thing and I found torch right now to be more easy Smile!

Good luck tho Wink

RE: "When Life No More Exists" full-conversion mod to Amnesia - Juby - 10-19-2011

(10-19-2011, 12:06 AM)Elven Wrote: Aww. I had similar idea - that you will use tinderboxes to light candle and after every (lets say 5) minutes, it will go off, so you have to relighten it. I thought it little bit more complicated - Also if there are any scares - light will go and if you move way too fast Tongue. But that last variant probably won't work (havent thought full solution yet), as how can I tell if player is moving candle too fast or not. Only way I have thought so far is putting huge script areas around the map and make some kind of timer thingy that if mouse moves too fast to some area far away while 'cooldown' timer is still running - it would go off. But that can be also pretty risky in some sense Tongue.

Anyway it is hard thing and I found torch right now to be more easy Smile!

Good luck tho Wink
I believe you are over thinking it, remember that there is a GetPlayerSpeed(); command. Hopefully you know what I mean.