Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

"The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: "The End" - Music Project - Thoughts?

(06-16-2012, 01:58 PM)Mathiasz Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 01:08 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 10:54 AM)Xanatos Wrote: Same reason anyone releases demos; to make sure they're "doing it right".
An artist is always liable to criticism. If you are going to do something artistic and share it with other people, you have to expect people are just going to hate it outright because that's what happens sometimes. If you are only making art for acceptance, then you shouldn't even be making art in the first place. Releasing half-baked art in order to see whether it is worth continuing is even worse; if you think it's worth continuing, then it is. The first person an artist needs to please is himself; influencing people through your art is always a goal but if you don't like it, it's pointless.

Bridge - no offense, but you seem a bit pessimistic.
I share my music with the people to see if they like it or not - it doesn't change whether if I'm going to continue on the piece or not.

I simply just ask for others opinions, since I'm always open for feedback.
Well my opinion of your unfinished piece is that it's not interesting and has no depth. What can you expect, it's not finished! This probably isn't a 2 hour long, ten-movement suite of epic proportions, so there is no need for previews. Just finish it and then release it.
06-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: "The End" - Music Project - Thoughts? - by Bridge - 06-16-2012, 04:01 PM