Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: The Recession of Amnesia Mod Development

(02-16-2013, 03:37 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
Quote:Recession

re·ces·sion ...
I rarely to never play Amnesia mods, because I find the process of creating something so much more interesting! I was part of the "no crappy mods" movement within the forum, but lately I've been thinking that everyone (indifferent to quality of the content) needs a creative outlet.

"Why should these people make new mods for Amnesia when only a few members give them feedback?

Why mod for amnesia when their mod will just be ignored completely?"

A subjective question.. Well I make mods/content solely because I find it very enjoyable. If the process, "the now", of creating my mod wasn't this fun I would probably have released my mod already for fame-hunting or gratification. I wouldn't be able to "go on" this long.

The answer is, there is no reason. For fun? Maybe, that is why I started modding, but every one of us desires recognition for our achievements, in at least some form. And when that is not given, frankly? You will feel like shit. Trust me on that one, you really do.
I'm lucky I had friends who were very talented modders to give me feedback on Eternium because god knows, I only got one other review that was remotely helpful.

Recognition is great! But I don't think one should go around expecting it or hunting it through modding. It's merely "icing on the cake", whereas the cake would be the actual modding. Having friends who are talented is great! I'm part of skype group where I can find instant feedback on anything I create, which is a great tool for improving on my areas.

I do not mean to insult senior members here, but you do need to wake up and start helping this community.

I like this community. My way of helping it is creating tutorials showcasing what I have learned (I have also organized a thread with a summary of some pretty awesome tutorials by other members) :]

On the other hand I don't consider it my duty to play mods and give feedback. I'm not hired by anyone, paid for anything or the like. I do this in my free-time because I think it's fun.

It's also my opinion that the "general quality" of producing mods, giving criticism and recieving criticism has increased greatly since the first time I visited the forums. It's just such a slow change that we hardly notice it :]

P.S I approve of giving criticism, I'm just saying that I will most likely not play and give feedback - because I'd rather spend my time on creating things.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 08:18 PM by Acies.)
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread