Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious and Immersive Custom Stories Thread
Lewk Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Serious and Immersive Custom Stories Thread

(09-05-2013, 12:43 AM)Rapture Wrote: There's nothing wrong with re-using or benignly stealing other ideas. It's the whole package that counts.

I love Followed by Death, it uses everything that everyone else does but just does it better.

I agree, except when the package is entirely based on the theft in an uninteresting way. I have nothing wrong with the stealing, but when you see something you've seen in the MAIN GAME (as some sort of gameplay or story mechanic) that the mod is for, and when it's done poorly, it increases the boredom exponentially.

I'll try Followed by Death, thanks for the recommendation. Smile

EDIT: I played through and finished the first two chapters of Followed by Death and I think that JMFStorm did a great job with it, and it fit well in what I described (with a few more jumpscares than I'd personally recommend, but overall, it seemed fine). The environments were on the same level of quality, of not exceeding at times, as the main game's. Everything you interacted with was explained properly, and there were no notably large scripting errors, which is a massive change from the custom stories I've looked at recently. Thanks for sharing that with me, Rapture.

Followed by Death gets a pass from me on being scary and immersive.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013, 05:28 AM by Lewk.)
09-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Serious and Immersive Custom Stories Thread - by Lewk - 09-05-2013, 03:08 AM