Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Technology in Film Survey (For College)
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Technology in Film Survey (For College)

Spoiler below!

1. How old are you?
13-15, 15-18, 18-21, 21-26, 26-30+?

2. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you rate Film as a form of entertainment?
Insignificant - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 - Most significant thing in the world

3. What are your favourite genres of film?
Horror, sci-fi, drama, pretty much everything that matches my interest in books

4. How often do you go to a cinema to watch a film?
Once a month-ish

5. How do you feel about the prices of going to the cinema?
They're a little bit high - even higher when 3D is involved

5. Do you prefer going to the cinema or watching films at home?
At home

6. Name one of your biggest Pro's and biggest Con's of watching films in a cinema.
Pros:
- Get ticket stubs
- Socialize
- See movies closer to release date
Cons:
- Not cheap at all
- Long line-ups
- Set times for movies (arriving either early or late is a pain)
- Limited viewing (seat sales)

7. What do you think producers can do to increase the amount of people that go to the cinema?
There's not too much. They could start taking some small risks in stories and characters (I can understand some of the ideas would be considered 'too risky'), like having more movies that actually make you think. The cinematography could also use a few tweaks, for example, the cinematography in the BBC Sherlock series (each of those words is a different link) is phenomenal, and the slow-motion scenes in the Sherlock movie are pretty neat too.

8. Off the top of your head, name one film that relies on modern technology in order to entertain?
Avatar - without the digital art and the 3D, the movie would not have been received so well. Story line was cheap and predictable, characters were shallow and undeveloped, etc., etc..

9. Do you feel too many films are being produced in 3D at the moment?
Absolutely. 3D adds to the price and it's not all that interesting - the novelty wears off within a few minutes, glasses are uncomfortable, and the effect causes headaches in some people

10. Many feel that the future of film is the switch to 48 frames per second, your thoughts on this?
It's probably going to be more significant for the producers than for the audience. I don't think I would notice the change that much unless it's implemented in a unique or interesting way. Similar to graphics in video games (I don't mean aesthetics), the importance of frame rate in movies is not going to make much of a difference past a certain point. Once all major issues are fixed (think silent-film era or N64 games and compare that to Avatar and Dear Esther), it's not going to have much impact or hype.

I hope that helps :D

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 03:34 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
10-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Technology in Film Survey (For College) - by CarnivorousJelly - 10-14-2013, 03:32 AM