Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture doesn't work (Penumbra Collection)
NaturalJow Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Overture doesn't work (Penumbra Collection)

(07-17-2009, 11:39 AM)jens Wrote: "If I start a Termincal.app Window go into the Penumbra Collection/Overture directory and start form here with "Penumbra.app/Contents/MacOS/Penumbra" everything works."
So you mean if you do this the game launches and you can play it? Checking to make sure.
Yes the game launches and I can play it.

Quote:And if you try to use the launcher, use the alias for Overture.app or use the Overture/Penumbra.app it does not work at all? Nothing happens?
Right, nothing happens. No error message, no crash, nothin.

Quote:You say everything is working fine except Overture won't start. Does that mean that Black Plague works?
Right, Black Plague and Requiem work however I start them.

Quote:Could you repair the permissions on the drive to make sure it is not a permission problem?
Huh, repair? Don't know how to do that. I just checked the permissions of Penumbra.app. My user has read and write access. As seems to be the case with all other files I checked.

Thanks,
Werner

PS: BTW, I had the same problem on another Mac OS X machine (both are 10.5.7), which is slightly older and has an ATI,RadeonHD2600, while the newer one has an NVIDIA 9600M card (if this is of any interest).
07-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread