The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Hey, this game detects where you are..."
tatterdemalion Offline

Threads: 1
"Hey, this game detects where you are..."

*Stars playing game, wanders around Simon's apartment.*

"Hey, Bloor and Spadina. They must have a thing that detects where you're playing and selects the nearest intersection."

"Hey, it's got the same postal code as my last apartment. I guess they must detect nearby postal codes, too."

"Oh, his apartment is in the same building as the student services office of my old university. Ha, this location-detector thing is pretty weird."

*Goes to lab.*

"Oh, whoa, they made a model of the CN tower? So, like, if I was playing in St. Louis would they have the Arch? Hey, that building looks kind of like a tiny 222 Jarvis..."

*Plays more. Gets run over by a robot. Gets to the comm centre.*

"Hey, they actually have them saying 'Toronto.' Did they record different takes with different cities? That seems like a lot of work..."

So finally (to kill time while Frictional figures out the damn comm room bug) I looked up some playthroughs on YouTube to see how people in other cities react to Simon's apartment being where they live...

And, nope, turns out it's not some location-detection add-on, it's actually set in Toronto.

The part of Toronto where I live. Down to the postal code.

Real creepy, guys.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 10:12 AM by tatterdemalion.)
09-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
"Hey, this game detects where you are..." - by tatterdemalion - 09-25-2015, 09:08 AM