Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What about "Horror" in Amnesia?
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What about "Horror" in Amnesia?

(01-20-2010, 04:14 PM)Kedjane Wrote: I greatly prefer modern sci-fi horror over old castles.
Dark concrete wallways, flickering lights, malfunctioning electronic doors, ventilation shafts, elevators and so on. The more modern, the more I believe I can relate to it living in a modern society.
I've made a list of things I'd like to see in a Penumbra-like sci-fi horror game including PDAs (great for all information you don't want on the game screen such as a map, objectives, notes etc), walkie talkies for communication, lighters, padlocks and lots of other stuff. Also viruses, mutations, electromagnetical disturbances or other physical anomalies are pretty hot nowadays.
I think Penumbra have managed to catch a lot of interesting things in one game: there's most of the above in one of the games as well as other interesting things like the blood sample test and a secret organisation of some sort, the Archaic.
Another game I really like the theme of is FEAR. I love the idea of all the clone soldiers controlled by a psychic and the scene where they are all "deactivated" was really cool. There's plenty of technological stuff in FEAR and the whole main plot is pretty cool in my opinion. I like the "warfare" against the paranormal ghosts and all that, it's more like a war instead of just one terrified school student or something going at them. FEAR is pretty grand-scale with a whole city in ruins and all.

Nah, I like old age games more. Like Call Of Cthulhu. It's not medieval, but it was awesome. Oh and I think that FEAR was a bit lame, but we all have our own taste in games. That's why I never read game reviews, I only trust myself Big Grin

Meh...
01-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What about "Horror" in Amnesia? - by Googolplex - 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM