The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Marketing for Amnesia
derailed3 Offline

Threads: 1
Marketing for Amnesia

I feel that Amnesia was poorly marketed and should have a second run at a release. This release should focus on the extremely positive critical feedback received as well as feedback from individual gamers. An example would be to have a short 30-second promo with quotes interwoven such as the following:
"One of the scariest games in recent memory." - IGN
"Incredibly terrifying" -Computergames.ro
"Nightmarishly, unrelentingly scary" -Adventuregamers.com
"...by far the best horror game we've played." -Gamerlimit
"An experience you won't soon forget" -ElderGeek.com
"Absolute fear... Unforgettable" -Gameobserver
"Goosebumps guaranteed" -4players.de

As a gamer, such quotes would instantly pique my interest and I would investigate further. Finding that such a game only cost US$20, a purchase is not that far-fetched. I don't see any such mention of critical feedback in any type of advertisements or even descriptions of the game.

FORUM DENIZENS:
How do you think Frictional could increase the number of sales of their CURRENT product (do not suggest modifications to the game). I feel that this talented group of individuals deserve runaway success and not the moderate success that they've been afforded. All that they need is *consumer awareness*.

Anyways --

Much love.
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2010, 07:10 PM by derailed3.)
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Marketing for Amnesia - by derailed3 - 09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
RE: Marketing for Amnesia - by Zanderat - 09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
RE: Marketing for Amnesia - by kuato - 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM
RE: Marketing for Amnesia - by masteredd - 09-19-2010, 07:45 PM