The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress
einfrnirdyr Offline

Threads: 7
Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress

-----------------------------------------

Download: Currently Unavailable.

Details: 4, maybe 5 fully featured Campaign maps for 'Amnesia - The Dark Descent'.

I commenced working on this campaign in late September. I started developing the second map first as it is the easiest in terms of complexity and to use it as an opportunity to learn the level editor. I still have a lot to learn - especially scripting - which I haven't even looked at yet. (Well, I have, but it just hurts my head...)

Currently on hold due to death in family.

Progress Completed:
Map no.1 - 50% = Laying essential geometry, Props added. Needs a SkyBox!!!!11!!1!!!!
Map no.2 - 99% = Geometry (All significant geometry is in place. Just needs tweaking), 0% = Scripting.
Map no.3 - 0%
Map no.4 - 0%
Map no.5 - 0%

Story: Story outline and details have been finalised but are not yet ready for announcing to the Public. I believe what I have in mind is 100% possible within the constraints of HPL engine limitations.

Estimated Completion: I guess sometime in 2011.

I'm still a noob at mapping for this game but I am surprised at how easy the editor is to get to grips with. I should have all the maps built in about 2 months (or so). Scripting will be a challenge for me. Never was any good at that stuff.

Screenshots:
This is the first set of images. There are more littered about the thread below.
[Image: SunlessCity_03.jpg]
Level 2: Crap strewn around a room. Reminds me of my bedroom when I was a teenager.

[Image: SunlessCity_02.jpg]
Level 2: Shelving with junk on it. More junk on the floor.

[Image: SunlessCity_04.jpg]
Level 2: Yep. That's it. The entrance to the 'Sunless City'.

Download: Currently Unavailable.
10-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Echoes of a Sunless City - Work in Progress - by einfrnirdyr - 10-05-2010, 08:00 AM