Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Noob needs help
Skoth Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Noob needs help

No worries, not offended. Besides, I have no idea what I'm doing!

Perhaps I should say, I own Amnesia through Steam, so the files are listed in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent (which is where I extracted all of the editor tools as my redist folder). I created a basic map with two rooms with the walls, ceiling, and floor and a hallway between the two rooms. I placed some furniture, lights, and a player start. And that's all, I believe that's all that's necessary for a map, correct? Anyways, upon completing the map I saved it to the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\maps folder and I then copied and pasted the .map file to the custom story folder under the custom story's folder C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\MyCustomStory. After doing this, I created the .cfg file using Notepad and it reads like this:
<Main
Name="My Custom Story"
Author="Skoth"
ImgFile=""

StartMap="first.map"
StartPos=""
/>

So at this point all I have is a .cfg file and a .map file within C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\MyCustomStory. Is my MyCustomStory subfolder unnecessary? The custom story doesn't even appear in the Custom Stories menu in game.

Thanks again for all your help!
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Noob needs help - by Skoth - 10-07-2010, 04:48 AM
RE: Noob needs help - by Chilton - 10-07-2010, 05:32 AM
RE: Noob needs help - by Skoth - 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM
RE: Noob needs help - by Chilton - 10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
RE: Noob needs help - by Skoth - 10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
RE: Noob needs help - by Chilton - 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM