The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Framerate drops randomly after loading previous games
WhiteKnight Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Framerate drops randomly after loading previous games

Hi,

After loading a previously saved game, I notice that even if not moving anywhere in the game, the FPS will start at 60 and then for no reason drop to 57 or 55 FPS which will cause a stutter. Keep in mind, I am not moving around anywhere in the game, after loading a game, I watch the FPS and usually after 20seconds or so, i see the FPS drop to 57, 55, etc. If I am moving in the game at the time this FPS drop occurs, I notice the stutter. What is the reason for this? When I look at the Task Manager, it looks like the memory is increasing slightly when the FPS drop occurs. But even if the FPS drops to 57 or 55, i dont think it should stutter, shouldn't notice a stutter prolly until the FPS drops to below 30. I have tried disabling Aero and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, I tried disabling all non-MS services and starup items through msconfig and didn't make a difference either. Finally, I set ALL settings to the lowest they could be (i.e. SSAO off, Low textures, 640x480 resolution, etc) and this problem still exists so seems to me like a problem with the games programming. Is this some problem related to buffering or something else that can be tweaked. I am attaching my main_settings.cfg file for your review.

My specs are as follows:
Intel I7 950 3.06 Quad core (stock settings)
Corsair Dominator DDR3 DHX 6GB 1600MHz ram 8-8-8-24 timings
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
EVGA GTX 480 1.5MB
EVGA X58 FTW3
OCZ Vertex2 SSD

Attached Files
.cfg   main_settings.cfg (Size: 1.15 KB / Downloads: 109)
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011, 05:51 AM by WhiteKnight.)
01-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Framerate drops randomly after loading previous games - by WhiteKnight - 01-12-2011, 05:46 AM