Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.22 Average
A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General
Gyldenglad Offline

Threads: 2
RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General

The showcase forum is not really a good place to look for videos. One of the many things that bothers me is that:

1)
People tend to write "here my new map blah blah play it" without giving proper information of what you are jumping in to. Sometimes it's a DEMO and sometimes it's a map that haven't been tested properly or contains a lot of bugs.
2)
People don't write if their map is a story or just a "run" map where you can screw around, which is puzzling when you do a lets play. You wan't to keep to certain maps that you feel matches your playstyle.
3)
The buuuuuuumpage. It's crap really. I mean SURE white night is all fine and dandy but it's on SEVENTY (70) pages now and it bumps away all the new maps with NEW stuff and potential. Let it die already or make a comprehensive thread with all the maps that are "ranked" or so worth to take a look at for the new people. Let the NEW maps get a chance to be shown properly in the showcase thread.
(now I actually filtered threads by creation date instead :x)

I made a thread where I ask people make a post, if they wan't a playthrough of their map. I also check the showcase from time to time, but as I said in 3) people tend to keep burping old maps to the top and it get's annoying.
And I really don't see a problem of making a thread where I ask people if they can recommend any good maps that would fit for playthroughs? If I made a map I would be sad if no one would play it at all.
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Word of Advice for Let's Players and People in General - by Gyldenglad - 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM