Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TUTORIAL] Making Static Entities!
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making Static Entities!

(01-10-2012, 12:51 PM)Krymtel Wrote:
(01-09-2012, 06:39 PM)Acies Wrote: This method is useful in the cases where you would like to use the setentityactive command. Otherwise moving .daes to the "static_objects" folder is superior in many ways. First off it reads the collision surface off the mesh of the model, which is more precise than creating bodies. Secondly, depending on the shape of the mesh it might save you a lot of work :>

This is applies moreso to custom created models.
So you're basically saying if you make something a static object, I won't have to make physics bodies for an entity? So that if I made something like a rock a static object, then it will save me the time of having to manually add physics bodies to the rock?
So you're basically saying if you make something a static object, I won't have to make physics bodies for an entity? Models located in the "static_objects" folder have no .ent files (no physics bodies).

So that if I made something like a rock a static object, then it will save me the time of having to manually add physics bodies to the rock? Yes, but not much in case of your rock. With more advanced shapes - more time saved. I avoid the ModelEditor, unless there is a special purpose to my model.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM by Acies.)
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making Objects Static! - by Kman - 01-09-2012, 05:37 AM
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making Objects Static! - by Kman - 01-11-2012, 08:01 AM
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making Static Entities! - by Acies - 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM
RE: [TUTORIAL] Making Static Entities! - by Acies - 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM