Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help How do i display a message on the screen?
oscar1007 Offline

Threads: 24
RE: How do i display a message on the screen?

(01-10-2012, 08:23 PM)Elven Wrote: Basically create new category whatever name you want and new entity with some name. Use that one:

SetMessage(string& asTextCategory, string& asTextEntry, float afTime);

This one will show the text in the middle tho. Only way to get text where subtitles are is using that function:

void AddEffectVoice(string& asVoiceFile, string& asEffectFile, string& asTextCat, string& asTextEntry,
bool abUsePosition, string& asPosEntity, float afMinDistance, float afMaxDistance);
This adds a voice and an effect to be played. It is okay to call this many times in order to play many voices in a row. The EffectVoiceOverCallback is not called until ALL voices have finished.
asVoiceFile - the voice to play
asEffectFile - the effect to play
asTextEntry - the text entry in the .lang file
asTextCat - the category in the .lang file
abUsePosition - ?
asPosEntity - the entity at which the effect appears
afMinDistance - minimum distance to see the effect
afMaxDistance - maximum distance to see the effect

-- But that would mean that you need empty sound file attached to any objects and it would do the job.
Ok thanks so if i want to display the message "RUUUN!!" as a text on the screen, how would i write it in the .lang file?

Thanks your awesome for helping! Smile

Money can't buy you happiness. But I rather cry in my ferrari.

PROJECT:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/oscar1007
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do i display a message on the screen? - by oscar1007 - 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM