Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players

(04-06-2012, 03:32 PM)flamez3 Wrote: I'm all for helping people. Especially when they ask for it, and Especially when it is in the right place. But no one has asked...It's kinda like my Mystery Chapter 2 thread. I updated the download link and then out of the blue, a full-blown discussion on what makes Amnesia scary and how to make a good Amnesia custom story was going on my thread...for no reason? I didn't ask for it to be there, and once I asked them to stop (4 times btw) they stopped. It really isn't helping anyone, rather flooding people with the same things over and over. I would feel less annoyed by it if someone made a thread, and then sticky it and that be that. Not a full drawn out process where no one uses the search function and blindly tell people how they should make their stories.

Now with the bitchy statement, I didn't think it was bitchy, I took it as a little outburst of anger toward the immaturity of this thread.. c:
Look at what sub-forum this is under. "Development Articles", the whole POINT of this sub-forum is for giving people tips on how you think they could make their custom story better. They're not saying "You MUST do your custom story EXACTLY LIKE THIS or it will be terrible", they're just giving some pointers on how THEY think you could make your custom story better. No one has to listen to them or even look at the thread, but they should be able to offer what little advice they can. And don't say it's not helping anyone, I can almost guarantee you that there has been at least one person who's read this thread (or maybe another thread like this) and actually got a new scare idea or decided that a scare they were planning to do wasn't very good. In fact I got a few new ideas that I wanted to put in my custom story because of what was said here. Just cause something isn't technical help doesn't mean that it's not still help, so stop jumping to such rash conclusions like that.

Posting Freak
04-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia Custom Story: Guide to Horror / Do's and Don't for Scaring Players - by Kman - 04-06-2012, 11:08 PM