Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!

(08-29-2013, 07:58 PM)droog Wrote: Why don't you see Amnesia TDD + AMFP now as one game? Now it's about 15 hours long !

Only games with same story can be seen as "one" game.
AAMFP is not the successor of TDD, it's a completely different game and has nothing todo with any other Amnesia game. Penumbra has one story, Black Plague begins where Overture ended and Requiem begins where Black Plague ended. All three episodes are one story.

I just think that 5 hours for a game is too short, it's like you'll play TDD just to the cells. It's only a half game and a shame that a brillant game like this is completed after some little hours. I had expect more rooms/locations, puzzles and brain thinking stuff. OK, I actually don't know how hard the puzzles are, but they can't be really thoughtful when the full game is completed in a short time.

AAMFP should not be shorter than TDD.

(08-29-2013, 08:50 PM)XDamienDaKillaX Wrote: True. Most of those movie adaptation games are very short. I played Red Faction: Armageddon and beat it in 4:30 on my first playthrough, as an example of a non movie based game.

Wrong. You can't compare it to Call of Dity's or Battlefield's singleplayer mode. You also shouldn't compare it to Gothic or Skyrim's duration, because such RPGs are more than 100 hours long!

But I think as longer a game is, as more experience it is. Of course you shouldn't stretch the story, but there should just be more content to make it longer. Justine is about 2 hours long, that's OK for a short expansion, but a full horror game should be at least 10 hours long.

And a long game doesn't automatically mean less impact.

(08-29-2013, 11:55 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: Googlolplex 5-6 hours took 2 years but how much time did the entire penumbra line up take Tongue

6 months for Overture, 9 months for Black Plague, and 4 months for Requiem? And you should know FG were only 4 people at this time.
Well the development of the engine tooks a lot of time and the Tech Demo, but Amnesia is also just a build-up of the Penumbra engine, not something "new".
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 03:12 PM by Googolplex.)
08-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Red - 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Googolplex - 08-30-2013, 02:59 PM