Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!

I think you misunderstood me.

To sum up what I said:

Games that are either about the story or atmosphere usually are shorter because they are focused on those two things. You can't keep a person interested for 100 hours in a story. It's bloated and clunky. A main quest in an rpg is usually under 60 hours (without taking into consideration player skill, wandering, farming). I can't think of a single game or novel that continued the story for over 100 hours of playtime/readtime. Like I said. RPG games last a lot because they revolve around the gameplay and then the story. During those hours they aren't attacking you with plot detail after plot detail; they are often just giving you something to do. All the Final Fantasy games i've played have last between 30 and 60 hours, same with The Elder Scrolls games and such. I have played them BEYOND the endings BECAUSE of gameplay. Not because they made the story drone on and on but because they had a lot of replayablity after finishing the games.

You said: "A good horror game should be longer than 10 hours to get a long experience as possible. They could add more/trickier puzzles to let you take more time. Without enhancing the story or environments!"

Seems to me that you would like them to needlessly stretch the game so it's longer and your perception of length is satisfied.

The length for A:AMFP sounds good for the genre. It IS a horror game that's focused on atmosphere. Why should they make it 20 hours long when at that time they would have exhausted all their scares and atmosphere and then it'd turn into a walking simulator?
09-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Red - 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Cuyir - 09-02-2013, 09:07 PM