Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs!

Quote:Again. Silent Hill is scary for the complete game, and it focus on atmosphere for the complete game. As more locations there are, as more it scares you instead to be a walking simulator. It's just an example that games where story and atmosphere comes first not automatically must be short.

The Silent Hill games are pretty short, themselves. Probably comparable in length to the first Amnesia. Silent Hill 2 would probably take someone around 6-10 hours at most on their first playthrough. The things that make these games so long are the standard survival horror mechanics, not so much the direct story or exploration content.

I'd argue these could be better experiences overall with tighter pacing - especially Silent Hill 4: The Room (which, despite its uneven second half, is still one of my favorite games.)

I'm glad that A Machine for Pigs is apparently, just as long as it needs to be, likely without filler content. 5-6 hours is _plenty_ of time to spend in a world and get an attachment. Good films manage this in 2 hours or less, usually.

I think it would be awesome if it became a bit more popular to make shorter, well paced games and release them for a price more reasonable than 60 dollars.
09-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Red - 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Duration Amnesia A Machine For Pigs! - by Nyarlathotep - 09-04-2013, 12:51 AM