Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known

1. I want to keep it 'low-pressure'. I do this for a hobby. Having people pester me 'to deliver' is off-putting.

principle ("Overhyping something bad business practice, and I don't do it!").

Even though my statement sounds something like this, it's moreso for practical reasons. I'm not sure I will have the faith to go 'all through' with this. I hope I do. But I might quit doing this - if it suddenly becomes boring. At the moment I don't want to make promises I'm not sure I can keep!

Marketing etc. is something I'll definately think about at a later stage though. I have so much more work to do though (1 year? I dunno.), but once it is nearing finish I'll do my best to spread news about it. I want to time the hype with the release of my mod.

On a related note (after a quick google) I noticed that my mod 'Spacies' is mentioned in relation to 'Routine' on a swedish gaming site by one of the users: http://www.fz.se/artiklar/nyheter/201306...dig-skrika

Which brings my to point 2 (question 2):
I think that a 'good work' speaks for itself. The effect of having made something really good will get people talking about it. The work should preferably be unique in some way - because that makes it memorable and separable from other mods. If your work is really good you can probably contact gaming magazines, and once viewing your high quality work they will deem it good enough to write about. By then it reaches more people, those people continue talking about it and share it. But the first step is making something truly good and unique I guess. :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 11:39 PM by Acies.)
09-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known - by Acies - 09-27-2013, 11:38 PM