Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix
AmesGames Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix

Correct Thomas, I had not applied the demo patch, as I was playing the full game. I simply figured since you were considering running the full game using an (apparently uncooperative) ATI X850, I'd let you know my own personal experience using the exact same card on the original unpatched game.

Anyway, I am looking forward to a full game ATI X patch as many others are, but I wish others would be a little more respectful about the situation. I for one understand that developing for the wildly varied (hardware wise) PC platform in comparison to a standardized console platform, is immensely complex and challenging. Not to mention intensely aggravating when those who should have tried the demo before buying the game (for compatibility purposes if naught else), come forth in a rude and derogatory manner because their own personal PC configuration didn't run Amnesia perfectly from the initial release. That is no reason to be insulting and ridiculously demanding towards one of the last truly innovative independent PC developers. Anyone who's been a PC gamer for any amount of time knows that is just how these things go, and if you are LUCKY the developer will bother to address the issue in a patch. Well, it appears we are LUCKY in this case, so let's collectively be respectful about the situation.

So please Thomas, take your time with the patch, and thank you for bothering to work on it in the first place.
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Users of ATI X-series! Look here for DEMO fix - by AmesGames - 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM