Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know what am I looking for?
Victor Offline

Threads: 19
Does anybody know what am I looking for?

Snow. There is any how that I could modify one of the particles (I don't understand the particle editor) so it looks like snow or is there a better way, like, directly importing penumbra snow particles to HPL2 (Game crashes when I tried to use it)? Please, I really wanted to make a cool outside environment. AND, there is any how to make the cold effect of the beginning of Penumbra in HPL2, too? Thanks!
11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Does anybody know what am I looking for?

This thread should probably be placed in developement support plus have a better title. Anyways. It is possible, I would guess. All the particle editor does is to spawn a number of images and then make them move, fade, size, resize etc. in different ways.

The image could be "directly imported", I do not think you should go around importing any .ps files. What you would need for snow:
1. An image of some snow
2. Replace the material/image of the "rain particle system" with your snow image and then save it.

As for your second question I do not know, since I do not remember/know the effect you are talking of.

Good luck

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-08-2011, 11:18 PM)Victor Wrote: Snow. There is any how that I could modify one of the particles (I don't understand the particle editor) so it looks like snow or is there a better way, like, directly importing penumbra snow particles to HPL2 (Game crashes when I tried to use it)? Please, I really wanted to make a cool outside environment. AND, there is any how to make the cold effect of the beginning of Penumbra in HPL2, too? Thanks!
I'm pretty good with the particle editor. It's fun to play around with and I've created about 4 or 5 new particle effects. If you have a snow image, let me know. I may go try it now and if I get it right, I'll let you know. Snow can't be too hard =]

Quick question. How heavy is the snow? and wind rush as well... Is the snow falling slow and calm, or fast and windy? Is there a lot, or a little?

I'm making it now, if you would like to watch me make it.

http://livestream.com/horrorlp

//__________________

Too late =P already made it. It's soft flowing but a good amount. Enjoy! Please just remember to give me credit? I'm trying to get my name out there a bit. Just go into the zip and merge the "particles" and "textures" and the .ps can be found in the "Statyk-particles" folder.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 03:34 AM by Statyk.)
11-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Find
Victor Offline

(11-09-2011, 02:18 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 11:18 PM)Victor Wrote: Snow. There is any how that I could modify one of the particles (I don't understand the particle editor) so it looks like snow or is there a better way, like, directly importing penumbra snow particles to HPL2 (Game crashes when I tried to use it)? Please, I really wanted to make a cool outside environment. AND, there is any how to make the cold effect of the beginning of Penumbra in HPL2, too? Thanks!
I'm pretty good with the particle editor. It's fun to play around with and I've created about 4 or 5 new particle effects. If you have a snow image, let me know. I may go try it now and if I get it right, I'll let you know. Snow can't be too hard =]

Quick question. How heavy is the snow? and wind rush as well... Is the snow falling slow and calm, or fast and windy? Is there a lot, or a little?

I'm making it now, if you would like to watch me make it.

//__________________

Too late =P already made it. It's soft flowing but a good amount. Enjoy! Please just remember to give me credit? I'm trying to get my name out there a bit. Just go into the zip and merge the "particles" and "textures" and the .ps can be found in the "Statyk-particles" folder.
Thank you! And sorry for the livestream, I was sleeping XP
Thanks a lot!
You're the best Big GrinDDDDDDDD
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM by Victor.)
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-09-2011, 09:16 AM)Victor Wrote: Thank you! And sorry for the livestream, I was sleeping XP
Thanks a lot!
haha, no problem! =] I actually saved it for myself as well. Could possibly use it on something =P
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Find
Victor Offline

(11-09-2011, 10:00 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(11-09-2011, 09:16 AM)Victor Wrote: Thank you! And sorry for the livestream, I was sleeping XP
Thanks a lot!
haha, no problem! =] I actually saved it for myself as well. Could possibly use it on something =P
Yeah, it's probably going to be VERY usefull to everyone haha
Now the problem is making an outside snowy environment...
I'm trying by converting Penumbra stuff haha

This would be so great for a Xmas Special!
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 11:52 PM by Victor.)
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-09-2011, 11:49 PM)Victor Wrote:
Thanks a lot!

I just used fog, and fog primitives. watch my livestream and I'll show you

11-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Victor Offline

(11-10-2011, 12:01 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Big Grin Keeps getting better and better!

11-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Find
Victor Offline

(11-10-2011, 12:43 AM)Victor Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 12:01 AM)Statyk Wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Big Grin Keeps getting better and better!
I've been trying to convert the penumbra broken ice entities from that lake in the game, but I can't. There is no other entity that has the same... structure. When I try to do it, the broken ice mesh doesn't appears. Please help... again...

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM by Victor.)
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(11-10-2011, 03:05 PM)Victor Wrote: I've been trying to convert the penumbra broken ice entities from that lake in the game, but I can't. There is no other entity that has the same... structure. When I try to do it, the broken ice mesh doesn't appears. Please help... again...
Which Penumbra?
11-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Find