Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Custom story Death Can Await
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25
Custom story Death Can Await

Hello!This is my first custom story for amnesia.
The story:
It is year 1898 and your name is John Martin.You are a crazy torturer,who doesnt feel mercy.Now the spirits of the dead people are haunting you and causing strange events.You need to find a potion that will free you from the spirits.
Some pictures:
Spoiler below!

I tried to make the lightning look good in the library.[Image: 344uw55.png]
[Image: mbr8na.png]
[Image: 2u555s6.png]

Its done!
It has some jumpscares.From minor to heartattacks Big Grin
EDIT:1000 Downloads.Awesome job guys!

Dizla3's Playthrough
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1QFGfOf6U
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDMG9fvEfoc

Trollardo's playthrough
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdsChSUmQo
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjThoXLX-4
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UWGI4k4o70

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q561fp2f2n6x2gw
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2014, 04:25 PM by Datguy5.)
02-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Death Can Await

EPIC! Exclamation

love the gilloutine model.(thanks "Your Computer" for creation)
and runnnig fast brutes, of course!

and catch bug and the end area
Spoiler below!
[Image: OUgfsl.jpg]

i stuck in wall, oOO/ and seems pathnode of monster endless, no?

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012, 11:12 PM by Dark Knight.)
02-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
steeler989 Offline

Threads: 0

Looks Good! Im going to try it out here quick. Ill post a comment on here of my review.
02-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
sdman789 Offline

good work man!!!

this custom story was very well done, full of scares and some puzzles.
Congratulations, this is a map that is worth!
This your first custom story is to be congratulated.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM by sdman789.)
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Ah, new custom stories to play. Makes me smile. Time to go through and see what's up with it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- First thing that I noticed is that you have .map_cache files. Delete these before uploading, as they may result in bugs as well as increasing overall filesize.
- No introductory sequence. Not always needed, but usually nice.
- I "fell" into your PlayerStartArea. Lower it, or scale it down so this doesn't happen.
- Pick up Key. Monster shows up.. Not exactly scary, and I saw it coming.
- And he poofed.
- Cool, got my lantern. Why I would have this room in my house is beyond me, but whatever.
- Oh. Hello corpse.
- Oh, look. A corridor. Well, this is going to involve either a chase or some jumpscares. Armor is predicted.
- With castlebase, you want to put welders in between all wall segments, as they aren't seamless like mansionbase.
- Yep. Armor materializing out of thin air.
- When using decals like the footprints, use UV subdivs as 2x2. This will let you choose between any of the four pictures.
- Another poofer scare. Unfortunately, these don't affect me any more.
- There's no doorframe around the level door?
- Overall feel of the first level....very bland, the lighting isn't too fantastic, nor is it terrible. The layout is unbelievable, unfortunately. There's no feeling of tension at all, as I've been attacked three times.
- Some of your blood decal by the grunt torso is clipping. You can fix this by moving it up by 0.001 on the Y axis.
- Noticing some clipping on the floor in the first room.
- As with Castlebase, ALL cellarbase walls need to have a welder between them. They are very obviously not seamless.
- Naked dead guy with the Iron Maiden scream. Didn't get me, and it's rather unoriginal.
- Your area to activate the previous script is interactable. It's telling me I can touch it (Hand icon)
- I'd recommend using a door frame in the doorway next time.Having your walls paper thin isn't exactly believable.
- The grunt that popped up out of the closet make me lean back in my chair a little.
- Giant Laudanum?
- Boxlights are a must in any dark area. Even if it's a dim boxlight.
- Off to the Library!
- The scroll pile on one of the shelves is levitating.
- Tons of clipping by the Study door.
- The study hall is...bland. It needs more details added to it, and probably sized down.
- Why is this naked guy floating behind me?
- Same body tossing, sound playing script as most people use. Why use it a second time?
- Same scare...different sound.
- Went back to the "torture room" It's very big, and quite empty.
- Flooded Archives. Kaernk, incoming, I predict.
- Yep. Thought so. Made it to the end to be slaughtered by a brute. No possible way to outrun him, either.
- As much as they were called the "Archives", there was nothing but hallways.
- The grunt scare only surprised me because I imagined it to be a poofer, and it killed me.
- The ending...was fairly weak. It could have been executed better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, there are many improvements that could be made. However, it's evident(based upon the number of levels, and size of some) that you put some effort into them. With further knowledge of the modding tools, I'm sure you'll be able to produce some real quality stuff.

02-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Find
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23

Spoiler below!
i got killes by 2 monsters cause there was NO WAY to escape...the spawn points are just a bit too hard (as obliviator said: you cant avoid the grunt at the waterpart)
02-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

(02-07-2012, 11:08 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: EPIC! Exclamation

love the gilloutine model.(thanks "Your Computer" for creation)
and runnnig fast brutes, of course!

and catch bug and the end area
Spoiler below!
[Image: OUgfsl.jpg]

i stuck in wall, oOO/ and seems pathnode of monster endless, no?

Thanks!
(02-07-2012, 11:12 PM)steeler989 Wrote: Looks Good! Im going to try it out here quick. Ill post a comment on here of my review.

Great
(02-08-2012, 04:06 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Ah, new custom stories to play. Makes me smile. Time to go through and see what's up with it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- First thing that I noticed is that you have .map_cache files. Delete these before uploading, as they may result in bugs as well as increasing overall filesize.
- No introductory sequence. Not always needed, but usually nice.
- I "fell" into your PlayerStartArea. Lower it, or scale it down so this doesn't happen.
- Pick up Key. Monster shows up.. Not exactly scary, and I saw it coming.
- And he poofed.
- Cool, got my lantern. Why I would have this room in my house is beyond me, but whatever.
- Oh. Hello corpse.
- Oh, look. A corridor. Well, this is going to involve either a chase or some jumpscares. Armor is predicted.
- With castlebase, you want to put welders in between all wall segments, as they aren't seamless like mansionbase.
- Yep. Armor materializing out of thin air.
- When using decals like the footprints, use UV subdivs as 2x2. This will let you choose between any of the four pictures.
- Another poofer scare. Unfortunately, these don't affect me any more.
- There's no doorframe around the level door?
- Overall feel of the first level....very bland, the lighting isn't too fantastic, nor is it terrible. The layout is unbelievable, unfortunately. There's no feeling of tension at all, as I've been attacked three times.
- Some of your blood decal by the grunt torso is clipping. You can fix this by moving it up by 0.001 on the Y axis.
- Noticing some clipping on the floor in the first room.
- As with Castlebase, ALL cellarbase walls need to have a welder between them. They are very obviously not seamless.
- Naked dead guy with the Iron Maiden scream. Didn't get me, and it's rather unoriginal.
- Your area to activate the previous script is interactable. It's telling me I can touch it (Hand icon)
- I'd recommend using a door frame in the doorway next time.Having your walls paper thin isn't exactly believable.
- The grunt that popped up out of the closet make me lean back in my chair a little.
- Giant Laudanum?
- Boxlights are a must in any dark area. Even if it's a dim boxlight.
- Off to the Library!
- The scroll pile on one of the shelves is levitating.
- Tons of clipping by the Study door.
- The study hall is...bland. It needs more details added to it, and probably sized down.
- Why is this naked guy floating behind me?
- Same body tossing, sound playing script as most people use. Why use it a second time?
- Same scare...different sound.
- Went back to the "torture room" It's very big, and quite empty.
- Flooded Archives. Kaernk, incoming, I predict.
- Yep. Thought so. Made it to the end to be slaughtered by a brute. No possible way to outrun him, either.
- As much as they were called the "Archives", there was nothing but hallways.
- The grunt scare only surprised me because I imagined it to be a poofer, and it killed me.
- The ending...was fairly weak. It could have been executed better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, there are many improvements that could be made. However, it's evident(based upon the number of levels, and size of some) that you put some effort into them. With further knowledge of the modding tools, I'm sure you'll be able to produce some real quality stuff.

Im gonna start a new custom story so i probably wont be working with this anymore Sad

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM by Datguy5.)
02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

(02-07-2012, 11:12 PM)steeler989 Wrote: Looks Good! Im going to try it out here quick. Ill post a comment on here of my review.
Have you played it already?

02-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Menino97 Offline

RE: Custom story Death Can Await

Nice Work! Good Story and not to much Jump Scares. Love it. Shy
02-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

RE: Custom story Death Can Await

(02-11-2012, 09:13 PM)Menino97 Wrote: Nice Work! Good Story and not to much Jump Scares. Love it. Shy

Im glad you loved it Smile

02-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Find