Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(03-26-2013, 05:53 PM)Thief1337 Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 05:23 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: I have been following this thread since the 400s, just browsing looking at what we have learned and watching you guys ranting about release dates, rediculous math (lol 7/5 obviously is april 4th), and especially the letter with all ur 3d viewing and working together! being all technical. however i only post this to ask a question. has anyone or anythread put all the speculation and what we know in one big list/paragraph? i have been looking and there are a few really small ones but i feel as tho there is more that should be on thos lists that is not... and also do we know about any differences in gameplay between TDD and AMFP? for example the introduction of guns Smile (obviously not gonna happen because it would ruin the game but any changes in the style of game play... i say this because i would like it to be the same for the most part but with changes such as the AI, Insanity (maby make insanity more vital to gameplay rather that making screen go blurry), or if the game is going to change to jumpscares (which it wont im sure)... in essence i guess im asking if we know if this game is going to be more like a big expansion or a whole new game worthy of calling itself a sequal. i know they have said that but i believe some gameplay aspects should be changes or altered to create fresh new gameply rather that repeating the same horror experiance just in a different map... just a post to reopen discussion about these topics Smile

yes

This may or may not have made my day, hahahaha!
03-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

Well, while we wait, any opinions on upcoming horror games? Pre-ordered slender the arrival, should be getting an email any minute with the game download, the demo was scary as hell. I started a thread in the off-topic section about an article on IGN about Outlast, seems like it'll be one of the scarier games this year...
03-27-2013, 03:18 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(03-27-2013, 03:18 AM)atilathegun Wrote: Well, while we wait, any opinions on upcoming horror games? Pre-ordered slender the arrival, should be getting an email any minute with the game download, the demo was scary as hell. I started a thread in the off-topic section about an article on IGN about Outlast, seems like it'll be one of the scarier games this year...

I'm sick of all the slender games that are being released to be honest. As a matter of fact most horror games nowadays have been making me roll my eyes. So far Frictional Games has been the only company to make horror games with a truly unique style of storytelling and game play. When I first played Penumbra it changed my view on horror games: it was exactly what I was looking for in a good horror game.
03-27-2013, 03:48 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Agreed... No one is really doing horror "properly" these days. =\ But hey... People make what they wanna make.
*shrug*
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 03:55 AM by Statyk.)
03-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(03-27-2013, 03:48 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(03-27-2013, 03:18 AM)atilathegun Wrote: Well, while we wait, any opinions on upcoming horror games? Pre-ordered slender the arrival, should be getting an email any minute with the game download, the demo was scary as hell. I started a thread in the off-topic section about an article on IGN about Outlast, seems like it'll be one of the scarier games this year...

I'm sick of all the slender games that are being released to be honest. As a matter of fact most horror games nowadays have been making me roll my eyes. So far Frictional Games has been the only company to make horror games with a truly unique style of storytelling and game play. When I first played Penumbra it changed my view on horror games: it was exactly what I was looking for in a good horror game.

Amnesia is definitely my number 1 horror game right now, but I've been getting into a number of others. 2/3 of the way through the FEAR series, and I plan on playing through the newest slender game now that it's been released. For what it's worth, this slender game is really only the second real slender game, as a direct sequel to the first, experimental game. While all the other slender-esque games have just tried to piggy-back on slendy's success, this one actually has a right to exist.
03-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

GUYS

I just figured I'd try "inspect element" one more time, and found this...

[Image: GXRQ5OY.png]

"not an ARG, only gave away free copies of the game"
Well, they said copIES, so that means multiple copies, and it wasn't actually an ARG like we've been talking about. Interesting...

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 04:26 AM by TiberiusBond.)
03-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

(03-27-2013, 04:26 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: GUYS

I just figured I'd try "inspect element" one more time, and found this...

[Image: GXRQ5OY.png]

"not an ARG, only gave away free copies of the game"
Well, they said copIES, so that means multiple copies, and it wasn't actually an ARG like we've been talking about. Interesting...

Those guys sure have an interesting way of communicating with us...

I'm wondering now how much this game will cost. Don't think they'd ever mention anything about a price point yet. I'm expecting at least $30, $10 more than TDD.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 04:53 AM by bluel0bster.)
03-27-2013, 04:53 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

(03-27-2013, 05:00 AM)EzioAuditore Wrote: where I buy Amnesia A Machine For Pigs? thanks.

It's not released yet.
03-27-2013, 05:09 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(03-27-2013, 04:26 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: "not an ARG, only gave away free copies of the game"

Pfffch... I said something like that here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid210788

I didn't even know I could open up code like that... That wasn't out in the open, so I guess I breezed right over it. I figured as much. I thought "Strange... If the game is already announced and near release, why would another ARG pop up?" Still gave it a shot anyway and it was fun finding all this sneaky mumbo-jumbo. =]

Now... About that release date FG? :D
03-27-2013, 05:22 AM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Ok,... now where is my free copy.. Tongue
03-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Find