Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Working combat system !
stonecutter Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Working combat system !

Most work goes to "your computer" !
But now i have to find someone who can create a new model with animations for the hand !

We Shall Arise - Death / Grind from Bavaria
Musicvideo : http://goo.gl/HzxvLK
Facebook : http://goo.gl/9YfYCV
Free Album : http://goo.gl/sEBW2X
04-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34

Awesome work guys! Would be really fun to re-create some games like Resident Evil with this!

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
04-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Only suggestion I could think of is maybe replacing oil with bullets, and refilling your lantern could serve as reloading. Obviously every time you shot you'd lose a little bit of oil (ammo). I could really see some interesting things being done with this though.

Posting Freak
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Website Find
Shadowfied Offline

(04-04-2012, 11:06 AM)kman Wrote: Only suggestion I could think of is maybe replacing oil with bullets, and refilling your lantern could serve as reloading. Obviously every time you shot you'd lose a little bit of oil (ammo). I could really see some interesting things being done with this though.
Why wouldn't it work with an inventory item? Like the thalers in "Killings In Altstadt".

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
04-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Find
stonecutter Offline

I think this could be possible !

I just need to use this two scripts :
void SetPlayerLampOil(float afOil);
void AddPlayerLampOil(float afOil);
and deactivate the oil drowning in the gameconfig ! ( LowerOilSpeed = "0.23" <<< set this to 0 )

but then we have to play with the max ammount of oil you can have (is it 100? << means 100 bullets max if we take 1 oil = 1 bullet or you can do 1 oil = 10 bullets .. but seems senseless for me carring 1000 bullets Tongue)

another problem is :

whats happens if you have 95 bullets with you and you pick up 15 bullets ?
"Impossible to pick it up or give just 5 bullets to the inventory ?"

but first of all i need someone who can create a model and animation for the shooting system!

@[b]kman

Yeah this system can give us new possibilities to create new and other custom story ( i prefer total conversion due to you have to change some entries in the gameconfig !!) for example a ghost story where you can kill ghostenemy by flashing them with the flashlight ( just add another sound and animation ) or flashing with a camera. And to have something to light out rooms maybee insert a signal light that works a bit like the one in penumbra.
[/b]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 11:31 AM by stonecutter.)
04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

(04-04-2012, 11:26 AM)stonecutter Wrote: I think this could be possible !

and deactivate the oil drowning in the gameconfig ! ( LowerOilSpeed = "0.23" <<< set this to 0 )

but then we have to play with the max ammount of oil you can have (is it 100? << means 100 bullets max if we take 1 oil = 1 bullet or you can do 1 oil = 10 bullets .. but seems senseless for me carring 1000 bullets Tongue)

another problem is :

but first of all i need someone who can create a model and animation for the shooting system!
I honestly think using the oil system as an ammo counter sounds pretty stupid. (Yes I know that it can be changed to look like a magazine for ammo in a total conversion, but that just limits us even more. If the ammo appears as an inventory item it would even allow for different types of ammo.) I know that we're limited, but like I said, check the custom story "Killings in Altstadt" and see how they got thalers to appear in the inventory and it counts up when you pick up more. And each time you should you could remove one bullet. So there's an ammo-box in the inventory with the number 10 for example, if you shoot once, you have 9, and if you pick up another box then you would have 19.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012, 11:30 AM by Shadowfied.)
04-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Shadowfied Wrote:

another problem is :

I honestly think using the oil system as an ammo counter sounds pretty stupid. (Yes I know that it can be changed to look like a magazine for ammo in a total conversion, but that just limits us even more. If the ammo appears as an inventory item it would even allow for different types of ammo.) I know that we're limited, but like I said, check the custom story "Killings in Altstadt" and see how they got thalers to appear in the inventory and it counts up when you pick up more. And each time you should you could remove one bullet. So there's an ammo-box in the inventory with the number 10 for example, if you shoot once, you have 9, and if you pick up another box then you would have 19.

Well I mainly thought it would be a nice way of having a reload system, since well the way the oil system works currently you could switch it over to act as such very easily. And it would have to be a full conversion anyways (considering it would look plain stupid saying that an 18th century lamp is a gun, you'd pretty much be required to switch out the lantern for a new gun model). And as for having different types of bullets, while I like the idea it wouldn't be very practical, as obviously each type of bullet would go with an individual gun, and you can't have more than one gun (since you can't have more than one type of lantern in game).

Posting Freak
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Website Find
Shadowfied Offline

(04-04-2012, 11:36 AM)kman Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 11:29 AM)Shadowfied Wrote:

another problem is :

Well I mainly thought it would be a nice way of having a reload system, since well the way the oil system works currently you could switch it over to act as such very easily. And it would have to be a full conversion anyways (considering it would look plain stupid saying that an 18th century lamp is a gun, you'd pretty much be required to switch out the lantern for a new gun model). And as for having different types of bullets, while I like the idea it wouldn't be very practical, as obviously each type of bullet would go with an individual gun, and you can't have more than one gun (since you can't have more than one type of lantern in game).
Different types of ammo was just an example of ways it could be useful. And I'm sure it is possible to make it so that you can change ammo for the same weapon. I thought kind of like Bioshock in terms of different ammo types (I know that it's not possible to make ammo-switching like in Bioshock but was just thinking of the effect different ammo could have).

Also have anyone found out how the H key works in debug mode when it gives you damage? I've been searching around but can't find any settings for that at all, so if it's not hard-coded in the engine, there must be ways for button detection.

Current - Castle Darkuan
Other - F*cked Map
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Find
stonecutter Offline

Yeah a reloading system could be possible !
if the Bulletcounter hits 15
you will replace one stack of bullets <<< thats like it works now !
Just add :
- Lantern deactivate
- reloading sound
- AddTimer("",5secs,"ReloadFinished)
- Remove Lantern

void ReloadFinished(){
- Give Lantern
- Lantern active
}

then i think you will be again able to shoot the next 15 bullets . But i think within this 5 seconds we have to remove the lantern(weapon) from the inventory , so that the play cant aktivate the lanterin within this 5 seconds. I will try this out after i come home from university and work

04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

While a full conversion may be required for changing lamp models, you would also need a full conversion if you plan to use oil as ammo. This to prevent oil loss by having the "gun" out. Using oil as ammo is not a dumb idea; in fact, it makes the scripting a lot easier since the game would be keeping track of "ammo" for you, therefore you won't need to implement an ammo system in the script. While one may have a limited inventory space, so do many first person shooters of the horror genre. They have that for a reason, to try and make it more of a survival horror game. However, this doesn't prevent anyone from making a chest which the player can store items in.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Website Find