Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright

(05-03-2012, 04:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I see too many trolls here, OK bye guys, it's not my level to discuss here!
Sadly it is thing what is problem in every forum. In some forums more, some forums less.

Best we can do is not troll ourselves Smile.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
05-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-03-2012, 10:47 PM)Elven Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 04:57 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I see too many trolls here, OK bye guys, it's not my level to discuss here!
Sadly it is thing what is problem in every forum. In some forums more, some forums less.

Best we can do is not troll ourselves Smile.
But no one in this thread was trolling...

Posting Freak
05-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I'm giving Googolplex +1 rep. You jerks seem to bash him for no reason.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(05-03-2012, 11:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm giving Googolplex +1 rep. You jerks seem to bash him for no reason.
Not sure if trolling or...

Either way, I'm just gonna leave this here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid127494

Posting Freak
05-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-03-2012, 11:50 PM)kman Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm giving Googolplex +1 rep. You jerks seem to bash him for no reason.

Either way, I'm just gonna leave this here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid127494
I'm not going to read the entire discussion, so judging by that post, you are bashing him just because he thinks that Frictional Games isn't in it for the money. Am I missing something?

05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(05-03-2012, 11:58 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:

I'm not going to read the entire discussion, so judging by that post, you are bashing him just because he thinks that Frictional Games isn't in it for the money. Am I missing something?
Not that they're not in it for the money, but that he's saying money shouldn't effect what they're doing in any way at all. I'm in total agreement that money shouldn't be the sole reason for making a game, but it money has a HUGE effect on what a team can do. This whole thing started because someone said that they were having The Chinneseroom make it because they want'd to hold over their fans for their next release and because they wanted to bring in some extra cash so they could work on their next project. Then he came in saying that money was playing no role in the development of their games and that they didn't need any money to make their next release, and then followed by saying that money had no effect on the quality of a game (which, again, to a certain extent is true, but if you have so little money that you can't buy good enough programs and what not and are struggling with money then yes, it can effect it. This especially applies with Amnesia and indie games in general).

Posting Freak
05-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-04-2012, 12:22 AM)kman Wrote:

Not that they're not in it for the money, but that he's saying money shouldn't effect what they're doing in any way at all. I'm in total agreement that money shouldn't be the sole reason for making a game, but it money has a HUGE effect on what a team can do. This whole thing started because someone said that they were having The Chinneseroom make it because they want'd to hold over their fans for their next release and because they wanted to bring in some extra cash so they could work on their next project. Then he came in saying that money was playing no role in the development of their games and that they didn't need any money to make their next release, and then followed by saying that money had no effect on the quality of a game (which, again, to a certain extent is true, but if you have so little money that you can't buy good enough programs and what not and are struggling with money then yes, it can effect it. This especially applies with Amnesia and indie games in general).
I think he's right, but at this I won't argue that topic with you, because this was just his opinion, that has in turn lead to a continuous bashing of him over several threads, even including people who has made new accounts just to post insults to him. Bullying is serious, but this form of bullying over nothing is also so pointless that it's stupid. Let guys have opinions.

05-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Find
Dewi Offline

Threads: 1

Well, Googolplex WAS wrong about the topic of this thread, getting money from videos.

I agree that the bullying is going a tad bit too far, but if someone gets something wrong, I think others are allowed to say it's not true.
Although it doesn't usually work; Googolplex never admits that he could've been wrong. At least not from what I've seen.
It's okay to be wrong, but you should really listen to people if they're trying to tell you it is, in fact, not right.
05-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

(05-04-2012, 12:45 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 12:22 AM)kman Wrote:

I think he's right, but at this I won't argue that topic with you, because this was just his opinion, that has in turn lead to a continuous bashing of him over several threads, even including people who has made new accounts just to post insults to him. Bullying is serious, but this form of bullying over nothing is also so pointless that it's stupid. Let guys have opinions.
I'm actually surprised you're backing him, after noticing you're quite the criticising person, click his form name and view ALL of his posts, you'll understand...

05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(05-04-2012, 07:38 AM)Leeeyam Wrote: I'm actually surprised you're backing him, after noticing you're quite the criticising person, click his form name and view ALL of his posts, you'll understand...
I'm not reading ALL of them, but when I first noticed the bashing, I read maybe 5-6 of them, trying to locate what people were talking about. I couldn't find anything but normal posts. Compared to PDP fans, this guy seems normal to me.

05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Find