Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia Terms of Use / Copyright

(05-04-2012, 12:45 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 12:22 AM)kman Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:58 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:50 PM)kman Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm giving Googolplex +1 rep. You jerks seem to bash him for no reason.
Not sure if trolling or...

Either way, I'm just gonna leave this here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid127494
I'm not going to read the entire discussion, so judging by that post, you are bashing him just because he thinks that Frictional Games isn't in it for the money. Am I missing something?
Not that they're not in it for the money, but that he's saying money shouldn't effect what they're doing in any way at all. I'm in total agreement that money shouldn't be the sole reason for making a game, but it money has a HUGE effect on what a team can do. This whole thing started because someone said that they were having The Chinneseroom make it because they want'd to hold over their fans for their next release and because they wanted to bring in some extra cash so they could work on their next project. Then he came in saying that money was playing no role in the development of their games and that they didn't need any money to make their next release, and then followed by saying that money had no effect on the quality of a game (which, again, to a certain extent is true, but if you have so little money that you can't buy good enough programs and what not and are struggling with money then yes, it can effect it. This especially applies with Amnesia and indie games in general).
I think he's right, but at this I won't argue that topic with you, because this was just his opinion, that has in turn lead to a continuous bashing of him over several threads, even including people who has made new accounts just to post insults to him. Bullying is serious, but this form of bullying over nothing is also so pointless that it's stupid. Let guys have opinions.
Sorry, Kman has got his facts wrong. You are missing something. It's not that particular thread that has lead to "a continuous bashing of him", it is a result of him presenting opinions as facts constantly (when he actually presents "facts" they are usually false), blatantly refusing to even consider any viewpoint other than his own, an extreme case of fanboyism (anyone criticizing anything FG has ever done will get the SMACKDOWN), using the "you are all trolls" copout often, insulting people whose opinions differ from his and just being ignorant and narrowminded in general.

Here, some of the lovely discussions I've been involved in, I'm sure if you bother looking you can find other discussions proving my point too:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13199.html
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid125428

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 08:37 AM by Gasjockey.)
05-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

(05-04-2012, 12:45 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 12:22 AM)kman Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:58 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:50 PM)kman Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 11:21 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm giving Googolplex +1 rep. You jerks seem to bash him for no reason.
Not sure if trolling or...

Either way, I'm just gonna leave this here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid127494
I'm not going to read the entire discussion, so judging by that post, you are bashing him just because he thinks that Frictional Games isn't in it for the money. Am I missing something?
Not that they're not in it for the money, but that he's saying money shouldn't effect what they're doing in any way at all. I'm in total agreement that money shouldn't be the sole reason for making a game, but it money has a HUGE effect on what a team can do. This whole thing started because someone said that they were having The Chinneseroom make it because they want'd to hold over their fans for their next release and because they wanted to bring in some extra cash so they could work on their next project. Then he came in saying that money was playing no role in the development of their games and that they didn't need any money to make their next release, and then followed by saying that money had no effect on the quality of a game (which, again, to a certain extent is true, but if you have so little money that you can't buy good enough programs and what not and are struggling with money then yes, it can effect it. This especially applies with Amnesia and indie games in general).
I think he's right, but at this I won't argue that topic with you, because this was just his opinion, that has in turn lead to a continuous bashing of him over several threads, even including people who has made new accounts just to post insults to him. Bullying is serious, but this form of bullying over nothing is also so pointless that it's stupid. Let guys have opinions.

It isn't bullying (at least not the case in this post)...
He says money can't be made from youtube vids containing video games; And if we do make money, we are all a bunch of illegal scumbags. Feels great, huh?
Then I (we) politely explains why we are allowed to make money and how. He refuses to accept the idea that he might be wrong and proceeds by calling me and the others trolls. Great guy, huh?
I personally do make money with my youtube videos. So seeing him constantly bashing this concept without even knowing what the hell he's talking about, is really starting to piss me off.
I don't care if you see it as bullying. If you act like a total douche who has no idea what hes talking about. You will be treated like one.
I am pretty new to this forum, but from the posts I have seen from this guy; I can easily say that I find him to be a stupid, ignorant, stubborn, immature fucking douche bag with a lack of respect.

I'm yet to see where the game developers states that they think we are stealing their content. Most game developers (especially indie game producers) encourages online media of their products. It was youtube that got Amnesia and Frictional Games famous in the first place.

And saying that you can't make money with youtube videos is not an opinion, it's just false facts.

If you think it's bullying to tell someone that they are wrong, when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. Then i don't think a forum is anything for you.

Have a nice day.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 08:44 AM by CrazyShootin.)
05-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(05-04-2012, 08:36 AM)Gasjockey Wrote: Sorry, Kman has got his facts wrong. You are missing something. It's not that particular thread that has lead to "a continuous bashing of him", it is a result of him presenting opinions as facts constantly (when he actually presents "facts" they are usually false), blatantly refusing to even consider any viewpoint other than his own, an extreme case of fanboyism (anyone criticizing anything FG has ever done will get the SMACKDOWN), using the "you are all trolls" copout often, insulting people whose opinions differ from his and just being ignorant and narrowminded in general.

Here, some of the lovely discussions I've been involved in, I'm sure if you bother looking you can find other discussions proving my point too:

*reads.* Oh... Now I understand what you're upset about. And I thought *I* was bigotted.
Still, even if he has weird opinions, he's having them in a completely different city. Just skip to the next post if you don't want to hear it.

(05-04-2012, 08:42 AM)CrazyShootin Wrote: It isn't bullying (at least not the case in this post)...
He says money can't be made from youtube vids containing video games; And if we do make money, we are all a bunch of illegal scumbags. Feels great, huh?
Then I (we) politely explains why we are allowed to make money and how. He refuses to accept the idea that he might be wrong and proceeds by calling me and the others trolls. Great guy, huh?
I personally do make money with my youtube videos. So seeing him constantly bashing this concept without even knowing what the hell he's talking about, is really starting to piss me off.
I don't care if you see it as bullying. If you act like a total douche who has no idea what hes talking about. You will be treated like one.
I am pretty new to this forum, but from the posts I have seen from this guy; I can easily say that I find him to be a stupid, ignorant, stubborn, immature fucking douche bag with a lack of respect.

I'm yet to see where the game developers states that they think we are stealing their content. Most game developers (especially indie game producers) encourages online media of their products. It was youtube that got Amnesia and Frictional Games famous in the first place.

And saying that you can't make money with youtube videos is not an opinion, it's just false facts.

If you think it's bullying to tell someone that they are wrong, when they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. Then i don't think a forum is anything for you.

Have a nice day.
While I now understand what you're upset about, when the replies goes from "You are wrong." to basically "Shut up! Nobody cares what you think!" then it's just mean. Even people who are wrong, and even crazy people, have feelings and rights. If somebody "knows for a fact" that we live on Mars, and you know that there's no point reasoning with him, then the best thing to do is just to sigh and go "Well, good for you.", and move on.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 09:07 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

(05-04-2012, 09:00 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 08:36 AM)Gasjockey Wrote: Sorry, Kman has got his facts wrong. You are missing something. It's not that particular thread that has lead to "a continuous bashing of him", it is a result of him presenting opinions as facts constantly (when he actually presents "facts" they are usually false), blatantly refusing to even consider any viewpoint other than his own, an extreme case of fanboyism (anyone criticizing anything FG has ever done will get the SMACKDOWN), using the "you are all trolls" copout often, insulting people whose opinions differ from his and just being ignorant and narrowminded in general.

*reads.* Oh... Now I understand what you're upset about. And I thought *I* was bigotted.
Still, even if he has weird opinions, he's having them in a completely different city. Just skip to the next post if you don't want to hear it.

(05-04-2012, 08:42 AM)CrazyShootin Wrote: It isn't bullying (at least not the case in this post)...

Have a nice day.
While I now understand what you're upset about, when the replies goes from "You are wrong." to basically "Shut up! Nobody cares what you think!" then it's just mean. Even people who are wrong, and even crazy people, have feelings and rights. If somebody "knows for a fact" that we live on Mars, and you know that there's no point reasoning with him, then the best thing to do is just to sigh and go "Well, good for you.", and move on.

Maybe not an excuse, but he was actually first with posting mean comments. If you can't take a hit, don't go into the boxing rink.

I do agree that he's kinda nuts and that we should move on, no point in arguing with a brick wall.

I really wish he would stop throwing insults around him as soon as he loses an argument tough...

05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Website Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Whenever I read something Googolplex writes that seems strange, I always keep in mind that he is not a native speaker of English. It is obvious that he very often makes mistakes in the language, grammar errors, uses the wrong words etc. And Googolplex himself knows this and probably feels ashamed about it. I assume he gets really frustrated when people misunderstand him and he isn't able to do anything about it, that's why he sometimes lashes out.
05-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(05-04-2012, 01:37 PM)spukrian Wrote: Whenever I read something Googolplex writes that seems strange, I always keep in mind that he is not a native speaker of English. It is obvious that he very often makes mistakes in the language, grammar errors, uses the wrong words etc. And Googolplex himself knows this and probably feels ashamed about it. I assume he gets really frustrated when people misunderstand him and he isn't able to do anything about it, that's why he sometimes lashes out.
It has nothing to do with his grammar, infact I doubt most people around here actually cares about that.

He continusly dissregards what people tell him, you can make money off'a youtube, that's a FACT. And he keeps telling people off calling them trolls.
05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Maybe instead of arguing about Gogol's posting style and taking this thread further off-topic we could just tell him how it works?

If I'm correct, it works like this: Youtube makes money through adverts. You have a Youtube-channel that attracts many viewers and hereby expose them to the adverts on Youtube. Youtube realizes that your channel creates money for them and is so kind to offer you a share of this money. Thus, you can make money from Youtube videos.

Edit: And to the OP: Why don't you ask Youtube what's wrong with some of your videos while others don't seem to be a problem? They obviously can't argue that you don't own the gameplay footage if they let a lot of others use the same footage to happily make profit.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 03:43 PM by bobbo.)
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Find
Clord Offline

Threads: 7

(05-04-2012, 03:41 PM)bobbo Wrote: Maybe instead of arguing about Gogol's posting style and taking this thread further off-topic we could just tell him how it works?

If I'm correct, it works like this: Youtube makes money through adverts. You have a Youtube-channel that attracts many viewers and hereby expose them to the adverts on Youtube. Youtube realizes that your channel creates money for them and is so kind to offer you a share of this money. Thus, you can make money from Youtube videos.

Edit: And to the OP: Why don't you ask Youtube what's wrong with some of your videos while others don't seem to be a problem? They obviously can't argue that you don't own the gameplay footage if they let a lot of others use the same footage to happily make profit.
http://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/partner.html

When you meet these requirements, you can request it.
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

You don't even need to be a partner to make money. ''build larger audiences, and earn more money'' You will be getting paid alot more by being one though.
05-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
neocrawler Offline

Threads: 19

Yep the people here are the map makers and. = We make money for pewdiepie XD. To bad he changed that much. I liked his old videos Sad. And aswell I make vids at myself Tongue
05-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Website Find