Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Newsletter | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Votes - 3.68 Average
Tenebris Lake Full Conversion
Traggey Offline
Scientist of Art

RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion

(06-14-2012 08:51 AM)Damascus Wrote:  Okay can someone tell me how to install this properly? It says to put everything right in the main Amnesia folder for steam users, but how do I do that without writing over the existing "maps" and other folders? Am I supposed to make backups and physically switch them every time I want to switch games?
This mod is not isolated, it does however not overide anything. So yes it must be installed right into your root folder.

06-14-2012 09:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Damascus Offline

So then since both the root folder and Tenebris Lake both have a "maps" folder, for example, I just put the contents of both in the same folder?

06-14-2012 09:56 AM
devin413 Offline

Hope this will help you and other guys too ^^.

.jpg  tb install.jpg (Size: 473.95 KB / Downloads: 231)

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012 12:26 PM by devin413.)
06-14-2012 10:41 AM
SUMMER^ Offline

Heh, my record for beating this mod is 41 minutes. Can anyone beat it? Big Grin

06-14-2012 10:54 AM
Xen0 Offline

Ok,here is a picture of this Black Box

[Image: BlackBox.png]
06-14-2012 12:05 PM
CarlieO Offline

(06-14-2012 06:31 AM)Measuring Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 03:50 AM)CarlieO Wrote:  I am using a Mac to play Amnesia and I tried to download this CS but it won't show up. I'm not sure why. I really want to play this!
I put the extracted file in the Custom Story folder and it won't show up.

I even moved the english.lang file out from the other files and into the folder (cause this worked with some other CS's) but this didn't work.

Also, I do have Justine.
This is not a Custom Story, as the title says, it's a full conversion these are installed differently. There is even a readme file in the downloaded archive. But I am not sure if this mod works on Mac but feel free to try.
Yeah I found that out after I did some research. You have to install it differently. You can't put it in the main Amnesia folder cause it'll screw everything up with the mac version. I supposedly have to still put it in the custom stories folder. I can't get it to work though so I'm not sure if I can play it on a mac Undecided Sucks, cause I really wanted to try it.
06-14-2012 04:39 PM
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(06-14-2012 04:39 PM)CarlieO Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 03:50 AM)CarlieO Wrote:  I am using a Mac to play Amnesia and I tried to download this CS but it won't show up. I'm not sure why. I really want to play this!

I even moved the english.lang file out from the other files and into the folder (cause this worked with some other CS's) but this didn't work.

Also, I do have Justine.
This is not a Custom Story, as the title says, it's a full conversion these are installed differently. There is even a readme file in the downloaded archive. But I am not sure if this mod works on Mac but feel free to try.
Yeah I found that out after I did some research. You have to install it differently. You can't put it in the main Amnesia folder cause it'll screw everything up with the mac version. I supposedly have to still put it in the custom stories folder. I can't get it to work though so I'm not sure if I can play it on a mac Undecided Sucks, cause I really wanted to try it.
Do you have it on Steam or did you buy retail? Getting full conversions to run on Macs through Steam is simple, but getting them to work on retail is next to impossible.

Posting Freak
06-14-2012 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(06-14-2012 12:05 PM)Xen0 Wrote:  Ok,here is a picture of this Black Box

[Image: BlackBox.png]
:O I think you have the exact same black box as me.

At least we know now it's not just me!!!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
06-14-2012 11:04 PM
CarlieO Offline

(06-14-2012 10:35 PM)kman Wrote:  
(06-14-2012 04:39 PM)CarlieO Wrote:  

Also, I do have Justine.
Do you have it on Steam or did you buy retail? Getting full conversions to run on Macs through Steam is simple, but getting them to work on retail is next to impossible.
I did have it through the app store... but I kept reading things about steam, and it was only $9.99 on there so I bought it through steam. So yeah, I do have it through steam now.

How do I get them to run??
06-15-2012 02:32 AM
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(06-15-2012 02:32 AM)CarlieO Wrote:  I did have it through the app store... but I kept reading things about steam, and it was only $9.99 on there so I bought it through steam. So yeah, I do have it through steam now.

How do I get them to run??
1. Extract the folder to the main redist folder
2. Go into Steam and right click Amnesia and click "properties"
3. Go into "set launch options"
4. Change it to "*main Tenebris Lake folder name here*/config/main_init.cfg" and run it

Note that some of the names of certain folders/files might be slightly different.

Posting Freak
06-15-2012 02:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)