Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[WIP][Story complete]Retracing memories
madifier Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [WIP]Retracing memories

Progress:
Maps laid out this week: 12
Total maps laid out: 26 out of approx 150

Woodland forest is just about done, probably work on the forbidden woods next.
The ocean shoreline has well been laid out, this circles around the forbidden woods.

Thought I'd give ya an image of a fort I made on the ocean shoreline. The texture I picked out was the
right color, but I'm gonna have to change the glossy appearance the rocks give. Not to mention fill all the cracks between static objects.

.jpg   SouthShoreFort-small.jpg (Size: 84.53 KB / Downloads: 139)

I have started making scenes up as well, but until I lay out their map location they shall remain in notepad.
People you might meet: Rich man, woman of the forest, "thing" in the mines.

I may not get much done over the course of July, but I will continue to think of elements to add.

Seems like every time I turn around the level editor, the material thing,
or whatever, something either doesn't load right or crashes spontaneously.
06-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
madifier Offline

Progress:
36 maps laid out in total consisting of the "woodlands", "southeastern shoreline", and most of the "forbidden woods". I think what I'll do is lay the maps out without the unique qualities until later on, since some of them are going to require models not readily available. One example is the shape of the laboratory in the forbidden woods, I won't know what it will look like from the outside until I get the inside laid out. Another example is a horse and cart moving merchant, only there's no horse or merchant, but the cart might still have goods inside.

So in other words, the landscape comes first, then the unique elements, creatures and path nodes, then little stuff (boxes,rugs,trinkets,decorations).
Again with the fourth of July, an obligated vacation, and any other interruptions I may not get much done this month, but I will try.

Upcoming:
next on the list is the "forest of the lost"... If I can come up with a better name I'll use it instead.
In addition I'll be running the shoreline on around the map.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012, 01:08 AM by madifier.)
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Please stop bumping this thread over and over on your own, double posting is bad enough as it is, you're taking it a whole new level.
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11

This sounds like a rather interesting project. I will be sure to check it out when it is all said and done, but please do continue on this. I know that everybody is having their doubts but if anything, let that motivate you even more to show them that you can pull something like this off.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Find
madifier Offline

(07-02-2012, 01:31 PM)Traggey Wrote: Please stop bumping this thread over and over on your own, double posting is bad enough as it is, you're taking it a whole new level.
Sorry, I was just trying to give an update regularly. Any way of doing that without bumping? I'm not overly familiar with forums.

07-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-04-2012, 01:10 AM)madifier Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 01:31 PM)Traggey Wrote: Please stop bumping this thread over and over on your own, double posting is bad enough as it is, you're taking it a whole new level.
Sorry, I was just trying to give an update regularly. Any way of doing that without bumping? I'm not overly familiar with forums.
You can just edit your original post.
07-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Find