Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(ON HOLD) Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.

(08-14-2012, 05:32 PM)JohnnyFrostmelt Wrote: I'd love to be part of your story. As far as accents go I am Scottish in origins, but here is my audition.
http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/doctor

If the accent is wrong I also have an audition I used about a month ago for an amnesia custom quest.
The guy wanted the character to sound like Daniel.
http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/daniel
Wow, you did pretty much everything for me xD I would consider using just this, but I can't have my antagonist and protagonist sounding exactly the same, can I? Big Grin If you could do it again, with just the lines of the doctor, and sounding a little more sinister, I'd love to hear it. Also - pronounce his surname Moogliev instead of Mugliev :] Thanks!

(08-14-2012, 09:44 PM)Pinwheel Wrote: Registered just for this thread just now. I can send in an audition whenever, I'm curious if you just want auditions for the main character or lines for both from the dialogue you've listed, because I voice act quite often and I'm pretty interested in starting to get into the mod community for voicing.
Well, I'm honoured, so long as you contribute good stuff! Big Grin Well you're welcome to try one, or the other, or both! Just make sure you leave gaps so it makes it easier to edit.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Find
Pinwheel Offline

Threads: 0

By the way, would you mind giving some direction on the voices? Like how the doctor should sound, specifically.
08-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

http://soundcloud.com/traggey/playground...ute-people
08-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Find
Juke Offline

Threads: 2

I can't stop laughing at Traggey's voice work. The reactions the main character has are priceless. Big Grin Moreover, the professor sounds sufficently different and jovial not make it obvious that it's done by the same person. Well done!
08-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Find
JohnnyFrostmelt Offline

Threads: 0

(08-14-2012, 11:16 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 05:32 PM)JohnnyFrostmelt Wrote: I'd love to be part of your story. As far as accents go I am Scottish in origins, but here is my audition.
http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/doctor

If the accent is wrong I also have an audition I used about a month ago for an amnesia custom quest.
The guy wanted the character to sound like Daniel.
http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/daniel
Wow, you did pretty much everything for me xD I would consider using just this, but I can't have my antagonist and protagonist sounding exactly the same, can I? Big Grin If you could do it again, with just the lines of the doctor, and sounding a little more sinister, I'd love to hear it. Also - pronounce his surname Moogliev instead of Mugliev :] Thanks!

(08-14-2012, 09:44 PM)Pinwheel Wrote: Registered just for this thread just now. I can send in an audition whenever, I'm curious if you just want auditions for the main character or lines for both from the dialogue you've listed, because I voice act quite often and I'm pretty interested in starting to get into the mod community for voicing.
Well, I'm honoured, so long as you contribute good stuff! Big Grin Well you're welcome to try one, or the other, or both! Just make sure you leave gaps so it makes it easier to edit.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and for your feedback Smile.
I Re uploaded with just the Doctor and hopefully more sinister.

http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/doctor2
08-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Find
vixenVIPER Offline

Threads: 1

You should still state if you want an English or an American "accent". Just sayin'.

Cool stuff, and good job to you guys who sent in your voices. They sound nice, they do!

If a female voice actor with both American and English accents should ever be needed, give me a holler.

[Image: rp74RQr.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM by vixenVIPER.)
08-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-14-2012, 11:49 PM)Pinwheel Wrote: By the way, would you mind giving some direction on the voices? Like how the doctor should sound, specifically.
The Doctor should sound rather sinister. I didn't put it up for the doctor, as initially I was planning to voice him, but it would be more immersive for people who know me if they were people they didn't know. Also, after hearing others playing the doctor, I like them more.

(08-15-2012, 12:28 AM)Traggey Wrote: http://soundcloud.com/traggey/playground...ute-people
Hah, love it Traggey, you're winning the main character race so far, but there's something in my gut that doesn't want to allow the same person to do both voices.

(08-15-2012, 08:17 AM)JohnnyFrostmelt Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to reply and for your feedback .
I Re uploaded with just the Doctor and hopefully more sinister.

http://soundcloud.com/stanley-le-mort-excalibur/doctor2
I like your voice for the role, I'm just still not getting the emotion in it. Try sound a little less bored and a bit mor maniacal/eccentric/excited Big Grin one more time for the newcomers, if you would Smile
(08-15-2012, 01:37 PM)Vixen Wrote: You should still state if you want an English or an American "accent". Just sayin'.
Cool stuff, and good job to you guys who sent in your voices. They sound nice, they do!

If a female voice actor with both American and English accents should ever be needed, give me a holler.
Well, I specifically asked for no accents, as generally people who want to retain their anonimity learn to speak without an accent, so preferably no accent is best Big Grin Let's imagine the main character and the doctor would get into trouble if the world knew who they were. Wink

08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

(08-10-2012, 05:14 PM)The Shanus Wrote: I'm availible check my youtube site for my voice.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(08-15-2012, 06:50 PM)The Shanus Wrote: Well, I specifically asked for no accents, as generally people who want to retain their anonimity learn to speak without an accent, so preferably no accent is best Big Grin Let's imagine the main character and the doctor would get into trouble if the world knew who they were. Wink
There's no such thing as no accent.

I'm swedish, for the main character I put on what is to me an american accent, for the doctor I used a slighty more english accent.
08-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-15-2012, 08:40 PM)Traggey Wrote:
(08-15-2012, 06:50 PM)The Shanus Wrote: Well, I specifically asked for no accents, as generally people who want to retain their anonimity learn to speak without an accent, so preferably no accent is best Big Grin Let's imagine the main character and the doctor would get into trouble if the world knew who they were. Wink
There's no such thing as no accent.

I'm swedish, for the main character I put on what is to me an american accent, for the doctor I used a slighty more english accent.
If you can't distinguish it, it doesn't count as an accent :p

08-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Find