Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(ON HOLD) Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.
Altureus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Male Voice Actor Wanted - Deep Tones, No Accents.

Here is my attempt for the doctor. I hope it's not too late. I heard you wanted a deeper voice for your characters, well I happen to have a fairly deep voice so i thought I'd give it a shot. Smile

http://soundcloud.com/austinmccomb/doctor-am
08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Find
draven Offline

I'm guessing it's probably too late, just past your deadline, but, I saw this and had to try out since I've been trying to find some sort of voice work, I rather enjoy doing voice and it'd be nice to share them~. Anyway, here's my voice for the Doctor. Seems to be the more popular roll, and I can see why, who DOESN'T love a mad scientist?

http://soundcloud.com/drae-vyn/dr-muggli...-reading-1

If you think it might have some potential, and still haven't decided yet of course, please let me know anything I can do to make it work better for you.
08-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2

Hello draven.

As a fellow aspiring voice actor with a bit of knowledge of recording, I think I can give you a couple pointers to enhance your recordings.

The first thing I noticed is you're speaking too close to the mic. There are a lot of breaths and pops heard throughout your recording. I recommend a pop filter of some sort, and not talking directly into the capsule. Aim your breaths a little to the side or below the capsule of the mic to prevent wind from hitting it.

You also sounded a bit too quiet. The volume of the recording might have been okay, but you weren't projecting at all. Even talking quietly needs projection of some sort. If just sounded like someone was in your room asleep and you didn't want to wake them.

I heard mic sounds, like you were holding the mic and fidgeting. You want the mic to be on a stand, preferably with some sort of shock mount. Some way that the mic is never touched or moved during recording, and no unseemly sounds can be heard.

Lastly, I recommend using a compressor on your recordings, between your mic and your DAW. In other words, apply the compression to your input, and not after you've already recorded your lines. The compressor will automatically turn your input volume down when you get too loud, so you won't have to worry about clipping.

Here's a good site to learn what a compressor does, with focus on audacity:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Compressor

Voice actor always looking for work!
Check out my Portfolio
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 07:08 PM by Obsidiaguy.)
08-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
deathdoer177 Offline

Threads: 2

Where do I sign up?
09-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Find
draven Offline

(08-31-2012, 07:07 PM)Obsidiaguy Wrote: Hello draven.

As a fellow aspiring voice actor with a bit of knowledge of recording, I think I can give you a couple pointers to enhance your recordings.

The first thing I noticed is you're speaking too close to the mic. There are a lot of breaths and pops heard throughout your recording. I recommend a pop filter of some sort, and not talking directly into the capsule. Aim your breaths a little to the side or below the capsule of the mic to prevent wind from hitting it.

You also sounded a bit too quiet. The volume of the recording might have been okay, but you weren't projecting at all. Even talking quietly needs projection of some sort. If just sounded like someone was in your room asleep and you didn't want to wake them.

I heard mic sounds, like you were holding the mic and fidgeting. You want the mic to be on a stand, preferably with some sort of shock mount. Some way that the mic is never touched or moved during recording, and no unseemly sounds can be heard.

Lastly, I recommend using a compressor on your recordings, between your mic and your DAW. In other words, apply the compression to your input, and not after you've already recorded your lines. The compressor will automatically turn your input volume down when you get too loud, so you won't have to worry about clipping.

Here's a good site to learn what a compressor does, with focus on audacity:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Compressor
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to look into the mic thing perhaps something makeshift for the time being, but I'll definitely work on that. Also, thanks for recommending a good free audio recorder, should help a LOT more than just using Windows Sound Recorder~. As for that part about projecting, you're dead right. Low on income right now and stuck in an apartment of people that sleep almost twelve hours a day, and then bug me or make so much noise it picks up on my mic, so it's kinda hard to find a good time to record. I'm going to try out what you've told me though, and get set up proper later on today and try recording again, see how much better it sounds. Thanks again for all of this.
09-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

This project is on hold for the moment.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
09-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40

draven no offense but I think you should find some lessons in it or stop voice acting.
I'm just being completely honest with you.

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Find
Altureus Offline

Go ahead and critique mine too, I'm always looking to improve and aspire to be the best I can. Any criticism or praise is welcome.
09-17-2012, 04:41 AM
Find
madgodpim Offline

Here is my go, didn't have much time but I gave it a try anyways.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s097akcrnnSJ

All I have to say is that its pretty bad.
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Find
ShatteredSounds Offline

I registered on this site JUST so I could reply to this post. xD

My name's Dylan, but you can call me Grey. HERE. IS MY AUDITION.

http://soundcloud.com/shatteredsound-1/v...ut/s-uWhWQ

I know you only needed one character, but I couldn't help but do both as well as throw some ambiance in there as well~ ^^ Hope ya don't mind!
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM by ShatteredSounds.)
10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Website Find