Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Pasta
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Pasta

Looks At "BURN!" meme,... "Snrrft".. I smell....Trollpost.

Seriously, come on guys, its a Spoof Creepypasta!, its a bit of fun. dont take it so seriously!

"Why So Serious, Sam?"
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 09:00 PM by the dark side.)
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

I just read the whole thing.
Who needs sleep anyway. [Image: tumblr_lqnxrk6ERg1qhfn6b.jpg]

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
08-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-30-2012, 12:11 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: If you are going to critique something at least make sure what you're saying makes a shred of sense. I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say.
What I'm saying is that you're saying you used the space of about three paragraphs for a hallucination! A hallucination that anyone reading might pass off as an actual event within the story, thus confusing and throwing off the reader, as well as breaking any pacing of atmosphere. A story is just like a CS; it has to have proper build up in order to have any affect, even if the story in question is a parody. A parody must then follow the nature of humor and introduce substance in an acceptable format.
OKAY!?
08-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-30-2012, 11:18 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 12:11 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: If you are going to critique something at least make sure what you're saying makes a shred of sense. I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say.
What I'm saying is that you're saying you used the space of about three paragraphs for a hallucination! A hallucination that anyone reading might pass off as an actual event within the story, thus confusing and throwing off the reader, as well as breaking any pacing of atmosphere. A story is just like a CS; it has to have proper build up in order to have any affect, even if the story in question is a parody. A parody must then follow the nature of humor and introduce substance in an acceptable format.
OKAY!?
Just by taking a quick glance at my little story I could tell it was written in one paragraph. Also, I have honestly no idea why you are taking this so goddam seriously, I wrote that in like 5 minutes with little thought of anything such as 'pacing of atmosphere' or 'proper build up'. And also, I thought this would be apparent to readers but clearly it isn't for you, the events that took place in the menu screen were basically foreshadowing. Used all the time. It was just meant to show very early on what this game has in store, but since it was so early in the playing of it the person just passed it off as imagination. Perhaps I wasn't subtle enough, but do I care? no. Does it really matter? no. I was just having a bit of fun writing my own story in imitation. So why you got so angry over this, I really do not understand.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 12:26 AM by Damascus Rose.)
08-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-31-2012, 12:14 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 11:18 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
OKAY!?
Just by taking a quick glance at my little story I could tell it was written in one paragraph. Also, I have honestly no idea why you are taking this so goddam seriously, I wrote that in like 5 minutes with little thought of anything such as 'pacing of atmosphere' or 'proper build up'. And also, I thought this would be apparent to readers but clearly it isn't for you, the events that took place in the menu screen were basically foreshadowing. Used all the time. It was just meant to show very early on what this game has in store, but since it was so early in the playing of it the person just passed it off as imagination. Perhaps I wasn't subtle enough, but do I care? no. Does it really matter? no. So why you got so angry over this, I really do not understand.
*Sigh* Look, I've been really unreasonable, and I'm sorry. Will this help?
[Image: so-sorry-meme-generator-i-is-sorry-30ee62.jpg]

Though if you feel like this I'll understand.
[Image: tumblr_ldv230BmGL1qenu8a.jpg]
08-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

(08-30-2012, 07:02 AM)Kman Wrote: I don't know, but he's used it twice now and it hasn't seem to have any context to the rest of the thread both times now.
[Image: tumblr_lo1qiwCiYS1qzgmxb.gif]

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
09-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-01-2012, 03:23 AM)Nonlethal106 Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 07:02 AM)Kman Wrote: I don't know, but he's used it twice now and it hasn't seem to have any context to the rest of the thread both times now.
[Image: tumblr_lo1qiwCiYS1qzgmxb.gif]

I'm sorry but you confuse me.

Posting Freak
09-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

we have a troll on the forums, i repeat, we have a troll, Someone call security!
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-01-2012, 07:30 PM)the dark side Wrote: we have a troll on the forums, i repeat, we have a troll, Someone call security!
Nah probably just a child, he used a meme that no one really found funny and when he was called out of it he gave a generic "HAHA YEAH FUCK YOU" response. Yup, sounds like a 12 year old!

Posting Freak
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

OK, child troll then. trolls come in all ages. ive been on forums were theres been 12 year olds who have actually had some pretty decent things to say and have tried to follow the thread. sure, most 12 year old forum users Are trolls, at least from experience, but, not all. to me, a troll is a troll, regardless of age.

were did the "troll" term come from anway?, a troll to me was a Lump of Living Rock that doesnt function in heat, tends to like roast sediment, and gets pretty nasty in the presense of Uberwaldean Dwarves (mainly because trolls are lumps of rock with precious minerals in them, and Uberwaldean Dwarves break up rocks with precious minerals in them for a living..)..too much terry pratchett i think..., yet on the internet it means a sad and pathetic individual who gets an odd "kick" out of ruining social media and forums...

also. i could have sworn you had to be 18 to join this forum?

looks like traggey's got a user to ban. Shame really . if Trolling is the best use some people have for there time, they must lead some pretty pathetic lives, now, bear in mind im a sterotypical geek (basically a sterotype geek is very similar to an Aspie) complete with the sort of life most "normal" unenlightened and intolerant people would call "sad" or "pathetic", so if i call someone sad or pathetic, they really are scraping the bottom off the barrell!.

When im Bored, i Go Play a game, not mess up peoples forums. its crazy behavior that some people do really.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 08:42 PM by the dark side.)
09-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Find