Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Pasta
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Pasta

No, he just posted two pictures. I didn't get the impression he was trolling. I agree with Kman, he just seems young and as if he didn't really know what he was doing. Also, would you really have somebody banned for posting two pictures?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

yes, but then, old habits die hard i quess, i was a mod on an old, now sadly defunkt forum, were memes were considered as trolling by the rule makers and would get you kicked.

perhaps i need to lighten up a little. Maybe a temp suspension would teach him the errors of his ways, off topic memes and spam should not be tolerated, no matter how young and foolish the poster. they are Seriously Annoying, if you cant be serious,.. then,. dont post!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 09:23 PM by the dark side.)
09-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(09-01-2012, 08:33 PM)the dark side Wrote: OK, child troll then. trolls come in all ages. ive been on forums were theres been 12 year olds who have actually had some pretty decent things to say and have tried to follow the thread. sure, most 12 year old forum users Are trolls, at least from experience, but, not all. to me, a troll is a troll, regardless of age.

were did the "troll" term come from anway?, a troll to me was a Lump of Living Rock that doesnt function in heat, tends to like roast sediment, and gets pretty nasty in the presense of Uberwaldean Dwarves (mainly because trolls are lumps of rock with precious minerals in them, and Uberwaldean Dwarves break up rocks with precious minerals in them for a living..)..too much terry pratchett i think..., yet on the internet it means a sad and pathetic individual who gets an odd "kick" out of ruining social media and forums...

also. i could have sworn you had to be 18 to join this forum?

looks like traggey's got a user to ban. Shame really . if Trolling is the best use some people have for there time, they must lead some pretty pathetic lives, now, bear in mind im a sterotypical geek (basically a sterotype geek is very similar to an Aspie) complete with the sort of life most "normal" unenlightened and intolerant people would call "sad" or "pathetic", so if i call someone sad or pathetic, they really are scraping the bottom off the barrell!.

When im Bored, i Go Play a game, not mess up peoples forums. its crazy behavior that some people do really.
To me, it's rather not how old an individual is, but if they're mature enough to handle what's at hand. Of course, anyone could say that they're mature, but that doesn't mean they are. The reason a lot of children get on here is because they begged their parents to buy Amnesia for them so they could brag about it to their friends, claiming that they're tough when all they're really doing is looking at a walkthrough so they know where all the scares are.

Once they're done with that, they proceed to become script kiddies, asking in Development Support for guides on how to script and mashing them together into a custom story, and then releasing it as one of the many jumpscare stories we know and love today. Sometimes, they become interested in modding from Let's Players like PewDiePie, and other times they want to impress their juvenile friends. They don't play it for the horror and fun, but rather the bragging rights.

And this is how jumpscare stories came to be. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

My personal experience with forum users aged thirteen and below is that the majority of them are unbearably arrogant.

[Image: p229xcq]
09-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(09-01-2012, 09:54 PM)Chronofox Wrote: My personal experience with forum users aged thirteen and below is that the majority of them are unbearably arrogant.
Which is my point in the previous post. The majority of them are immature, and, again, just want to impress their friends or think it's funny to disrupt the conversations and "flow" of a normal forum, but there's also a handful of preteens that actually want to participate in the conversations, but are discriminated because of their age, and the aging stereotype is widely believed that all preteens are immature is because a very high number of them are.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9

(09-01-2012, 08:27 PM)Kman Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 07:30 PM)the dark side Wrote: we have a troll on the forums, i repeat, we have a troll, Someone call security!
Nah probably just a child, he used a meme that no one really found funny and when he was called out of it he gave a generic "HAHA YEAH FUCK YOU" response. Yup, sounds like a 12 year old!

1: I am not a troll
2: If i remember correctly, you are like 14? Which shows that you have probably never seen "That '70s Show".
3: Meme is Kelso saying "BURN!" which was one of his signature lines from the show that he would say when someone would diss another person/call them out.
4: If you look at the person i replied to with the meme, it makes perfect sense.

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
09-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

@Nonlethal: Humility is your friend when you're a newcomer posting on a forum. Try to avoid arguments; be passive and admit your mistakes when older users call you out on them. Never assume, for example:

(09-01-2012, 10:30 PM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: 4: If you look at the person i replied to with the meme, it makes perfect sense.
That just puts you off as being too presumptuous and conceited. Even if you believe that you are correct and everyone else is wrong, just swallow your pride and keep quiet - you look more mature that way.

Older users aren't necessarily right all the time. But if they are well liked and adjusted to a community, it is generally not wise to start arguments against them.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 10:38 PM by Froge.)
09-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-01-2012, 10:30 PM)Nonlethal106 Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 08:27 PM)Kman Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 07:30 PM)the dark side Wrote: we have a troll on the forums, i repeat, we have a troll, Someone call security!
Nah probably just a child, he used a meme that no one really found funny and when he was called out of it he gave a generic "HAHA YEAH FUCK YOU" response. Yup, sounds like a 12 year old!

1: I am not a troll
2: If i remember correctly, you are like 14? Which shows that you have probably never seen "That '70s Show".
3: Meme is Kelso saying "BURN!" which was one of his signature lines from the show that he would say when someone would diss another person/call them out.
4: If you look at the person i replied to with the meme, it makes perfect sense.
I never said you were a troll, I just said considering how immature you're acting I wouldn't be surprised if you were someone around the age of 12. And no, I haven't seen it, and not cause my age but because I tend to find most TV very boring and so I tend to just stick to the Internet, and considering both of the times you posted it it just left people confused I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only one who hasn't seen it either.

Posting Freak
09-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(09-01-2012, 10:37 PM)Chronofox Wrote: @Nonlethal: Humility is your friend when you're a newcomer posting on a forum. Try to avoid arguments; be passive and admit your mistakes when older users call you out on them. Never assume, for example:

(09-01-2012, 10:30 PM)Nonlethal106 Wrote: 4: If you look at the person i replied to with the meme, it makes perfect sense.
That just puts you off as being too presumptuous and conceited. Even if you believe that you are correct and everyone else is wrong, just swallow your pride and keep quiet - you look more mature that way.

Older users aren't necessarily right all the time. But if they are well liked and adjusted to a community, it is generally not wise to start arguments against them.
Chronofox is correct there. If someone tells you something about something you've said or something you've made, you should usually take the advice, especially if it's an older user. Don't let your pride overcome your common sense; it's happened too often. There was someone (I think RetroBritGamer) who posted a YouTube advertisement after his previous YouTube advertisement thread was locked and edited by a moderator. He was claiming he didn't get notified it was against the rules, which is not true. He also named the title of his thread "Scary Barrels" because he knew that the world "barrels" would attract PewDiePie fans, even though the video on the thread was not related to barrels at all. He also used his nationality in his channel name, which irritates me even more because nationality or race shouldn't matter when you're playing a game. It's like another channel named ModernWarNegro who puts "Nigga Plays" in the title of every one of his videos.

Long story short, don't be arrogant and use your mind when you're speaking on the Internet. There are hundreds of registered users on this forum, and they can all nitpick and critique your posts freely.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM by Zaffre.)
09-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(09-01-2012, 09:54 PM)Chronofox Wrote: My personal experience with forum users aged thirteen and below is that the majority of them are unbearably arrogant.
I was rude and weird, yeah Tongue

listen to boards of canada
09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Website Find