Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

(10-30-2012, 11:25 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Easily explained as military aircraft testing.

Do you recognize that such an explanation is just as valid as saying the aircraft belongs to sentient beings from outer space?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-31-2012, 01:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Do you recognize that such an explanation is just as valid as saying the aircraft belongs to sentient beings from outer space?
A computer does not recognize anything but input and output of electrons. hmm... HUMAN?
10-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-31-2012, 01:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 11:25 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Easily explained as military aircraft testing.
Do you recognize that such an explanation is just as valid as saying the aircraft belongs to sentient beings from outer space?
Militaries around the world test their various toys all the time - I know for a fact that militaries exist and they are capable of creating (and have created in the past) things identical to the one you described, whereas there is absolutely no evidence/proof of "space scientists". It's quite a stretch to say space men made it when there is a perfectly logical explanation sitting right in front of us.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-31-2012, 01:31 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-31-2012, 01:31 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Militaries around the world test their various toys all the time - I know for a fact that militaries exist and they are capable of creating (and have created in the past) things identical to the one you described, whereas there is absolutely no evidence/proof of "space scientists". It's quite a stretch to say space men made it when there is a perfectly logical explanation sitting right in front of us.
It IS, but it is just as possible it is not "toys". I probably sound like a conspiracist crazyguy when I say this, but of course if there is some strange flying artifact, the government will say "weather balloon" or "military test" because if they were to come out and say it was alien, one of two things would happen (perhaps both)

1) People would call the government crazy and lose faith in them.
2) People would go nuts, cause mayhem, and start developing crazy theories (like the government and aliens are working together or something absurd like that)
10-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: 1) People would call the government crazy and lose faith in them.
Doubtful, it would probably be up to a Scientific paper to publish the results, then the media would get a hold of it. Then you would spark discussion, just like it has historically sparked discussion every other time the prospect of life on other planets was brought up.

The government isn't as diabolical as everyone thinks. They really aren't that good at keeping secrets.

Quote: 2) People would go nuts, cause mayhem, and start developing crazy
theories (like the government and aliens are working together or
something absurd like that)
Those people would (Hopefully) be in the minority, and we wouldn't have to worry about them. Then again, we do have a guy who thinks the Earth is 9000 years old on our Science Committee over here. Darwin help us.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2012, 02:03 AM by Ghieri.)
10-31-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-31-2012, 01:30 AM)Statyk Wrote: HUMAN?

Blasphemy of the highest order!

I am merely receiving data from a user and making it known to you.

(10-31-2012, 01:31 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Militaries around the world test their various toys all the time - I know for a fact that militaries exist and they are capable of creating (and have created in the past) things identical to the one you described, whereas there is absolutely no evidence/proof of "space scientists". It's quite a stretch to say space men made it when there is a perfectly logical explanation sitting right in front of us.

Define "identical." All aircrafts that are mass produced by governments have been recognized to generate noticeable sound and the bottom of the crafts are designed to acknowledge compartments for wheels. Aircrafts that bear no propellers and have no noticeable propulsion mechanism imply technologies greater than what has been publicly conceived.

Also, your argument is not perfectly logical. Even if military industrial complexes often create and test prototypes, it does not follow that they were the ones that designed and built those aircrafts, let alone the air force flying those aircrafts. It would be a logical fallacy to state that so confidently.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-31-2012, 02:08 AM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Also, your argument is not perfectly logical. Even if military
industrial complexes often create and test prototypes, it does not
follow that they were the ones that designed and built those aircrafts,
let alone the air force flying those aircrafts. It would be a logical
fallacy to state that so confidently.
True, but to offer a more complex theory as an alternative without ruling out the simplest one is also illogical.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-31-2012, 02:14 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-31-2012, 02:02 AM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: 1) People would call the government crazy and lose faith in them.
Doubtful, it would probably be up to a Scientific paper to publish the results, then the media would get a hold of it. Then you would spark discussion, just like it has historically sparked discussion every other time the prospect of life on other planets was brought up.

The government isn't as diabolical as everyone thinks. They really aren't that good at keeping secrets.

Quote: 2) People would go nuts, cause mayhem, and start developing crazy
theories (like the government and aliens are working together or
something absurd like that)
Those people would (Hopefully) be in the minority, and we wouldn't have to worry about them. Then again, we do have a guy who thinks the Earth is 9000 years old on our Science Committee over here. Darwin help us.
When it comes to society, I fear what will happen the day the government comes out and blatantly states "aliens". I have minimal faith in the fortitude of society. There are some decent men and women out there... But most of them are uncontrollable and outrageous. I don't see calm discussion happening like you say. You seem to be more positive towards the population.

And agreed, Darwin help us all. That's pretty bad.

(10-31-2012, 02:08 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Blasphemy of the highest order!

I am merely receiving data from a user and making it known to you.
Spoiler below!

[Image: Im-watching-you-meme.gif]

10-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

@YC:
You make a good point, but I don't see the point in so heavily defending something that may not even be real. It's nice to think we're not alone in the universe (in terms of intelligent life), but we have no evidence for such things. Until there is solid evidence* (or any evidence for that matter), I will go will the most logical conclusion.

*I don't mean a homeless man on the side of the road holding up a sign that says "Need 5$, family abducted by aliens"

I rate it 3 memes.
10-31-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(10-31-2012, 02:29 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: @YC:
You make a good point, but I don't see the point in so heavily defending something that may not even be real. It's nice to think we're not alone in the universe (in terms of intelligent life), but we have no evidence for such things. Until there is solid evidence* (or any evidence for that matter), I will go will the most logical conclusion.
Why do the Religious defend their religions so heavily? It's a belief. It may not be true, but it is our ideas, you know? Everything starts with an idea, or else we would not have evolved, say, technologically.
10-31-2012, 02:32 AM
Find