Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Admit One

Dark Side, I feel like your basing your entire opinion on the matter off one or two instances with a select few individuals, which is definitely not the way you should be going about judging an entire group of people.

Posting Freak
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

the dark side Wrote:ok, so i am a Man, and, maybe im not always the most tolerant of female empowerment, because, basically, it scares the living daylights out of me, because, well, whos going to look after all societies vulnerable and our children when woman is too busy having a high flying career along with her husband? the idea of the vulnerable and children being forced to fend for themselves because, basically, man is intolerant, he doesnt have the patience to put up with the issues children and the vulnerable have, so he wont look after them, because he hasnt got the patience, and the woman is too busy thinking of her career to take the moment to stop and think "whos going to help?", is enough to keep me awake some nights.

Ok, so I'm a man and I think this is pure bullshit, and sometimes I wonder why people still in the 21th century can possibly think that there are any other differences between men and women other than genitals.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(12-19-2012, 11:40 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Ok, so I'm a man and I think this is pure bullshit, and sometimes I wonder why people still in the 21th century can possibly think that there are any other differences between men and women other than genitals.

Boobs. das a checkmate. we playin chess.

I rate it 3 memes.
12-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(12-19-2012, 07:15 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I believe this is where we have a conflict of terminology.
What you call a feminist is what I call an equalist. They strive for the equality of women without demonizing or controlling males.

Dictionary definition would disagree.

(12-19-2012, 11:40 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
the dark side Wrote:ok, so i am a Man, and, maybe im not always the most tolerant of female empowerment, because, basically, it scares the living daylights out of me, because, well, whos going to look after all societies vulnerable and our children when woman is too busy having a high flying career along with her husband? the idea of the vulnerable and children being forced to fend for themselves because, basically, man is intolerant, he doesnt have the patience to put up with the issues children and the vulnerable have, so he wont look after them, because he hasnt got the patience, and the woman is too busy thinking of her career to take the moment to stop and think "whos going to help?", is enough to keep me awake some nights.
Are....are you actually serious?

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 12:20 AM by Froge.)
12-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Wasn't there a thread on all this already?
12-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(12-19-2012, 08:30 PM)the dark side Wrote: Rant

Sweet zombie jesus. Did we just semi-agree on something?
Never thought I'd see the day.

12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Dark Side, I feel like your basing your entire opinion on the matter off one or two instances with a select few individuals, which is definitely
not the way you should be going about judging an entire group of people.
Amen to that.
Quote: the idea of the vulnerable and children being forced to fend for themselves because, basically, man is intolerant, he doesnt have the patience to put up with the issues children and the vulnerable have, so he wont look after them, because he hasnt got the patience, and the woman is too busy thinking of her career to take the moment to stop and think "whos going to help?", is enough to keep me awake some nights.
Sorry, thedarkside but this is nonsense. Humans are individuals and while some men might be like the ones you describe here, that doesn't mean that all of them are. The same goes for women.

I'm a woman and I simply cannot deal with children at all, I don't have any patience for them, I can't put up with their irrational behaviour and when I hear a child cry, I cringe and have the sudden and disturbing urge to slam that lil' bastard against a wall. (NO, of course I'd never actually act aggressive towards a helpless being! It's just the feeling I have.)

Meanwhile, my older cousin loves to stay at home and care for his children while his wife has a career and provides money for the whole family.

So, all I'm saying is, you should try to stay open minded. I can fully understand that those "femnazis" you describe are pissing you off, especially when they are talking shit about your friend. But what do you gain by being exactly as narrow-minded as they are, only in the other direction?
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 01:00 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

sorry this is late, i was up the local comic collectors club last nite (yes, consider that tonites admission, i collect comic books). they had a pretty awesome special guest and no way was i going to miss it.

@hirnwirbel, thanks for explaining the issue in a way i can understand and providing me with those examples, you know, you are more tolerant than you think.

as for the nonsense, well, i came up in a pretty conservative household, with a family with very old fashioned views on gender, my dad worked and my mum stayed home and raised me, and my dad has no patience for my autism issues, its my mum who understands. so, i quess i do have some very traditionalist views on gender, as well, that was my experiences of them from the cradle up. i hope it explains why i sometimes come across as being about 40 years out of date. come on, i live in rural northern england, it is outdated up here sometimes! even if we do have a feminazi problem. so yes, @chronofox i was being serious.

@hirnwirbel, indeed, i was fuming the other night, totally at detonation point, i mean, saying shit about my freind is bad enough, but to actually say it to her and make her cry, that is beyond unacceptable! beleive me i was thinking some very unholy thaughts for a few hours afterwards! you are right, i dont gain much by being very closed minded and so traditional with roles, but, well, im not too sure how to open my mind that much, the fact i can accept strong females at all is thanks primarilly to dianna rigg ("the avengers" re runs), comic books, the old tomb raider titles, the original perfect dark, and the 2 no one lives forever titles, the media can only open my mind so far however, and i am not sure how else to open it, as well, my main experience with women is primarily the church, my mother, and my freind, and all are very traditionalist! its a bit of a catch 22!
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012, 08:40 PM by the dark side.)
12-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

I have never played any Valve games. I might get HL2 and Black Mesa+Source SDK 2007 after AMFP and Bioshock Infinite.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
02-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(02-15-2013, 11:38 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I have never played any Valve games. I might get HL2 and Black Mesa+Source SDK 2007 after AMFP and Bioshock Infinite.

I can recommend Portal and Portal 2 Smile
The concept is awesome.

I haven't either played HL, but might do it one day.

Trying is the first step to success.
02-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Find