Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was the last Film you watched?
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: What was the last Film you watched?

(01-28-2013, 05:44 PM)DogFood Wrote: my last movie was The Hobbit. It wasnt bad, but i think they forced way too many "funny moments" and tried to make the whole movie into a comedy for 5 year olds.

It wasnt bad, i enjoyed watching it... But i could have enjoyed it more if the movie was better.

I was afraid it might turn out like that.

Not going to watch it till I can watch it in good quality.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(01-28-2013, 06:01 PM)Lucke Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 05:44 PM)DogFood Wrote: my last movie was The Hobbit. It wasnt bad, but i think they forced way too many "funny moments" and tried to make the whole movie into a comedy for 5 year olds.

It wasnt bad, i enjoyed watching it... But i could have enjoyed it more if the movie was better.

I was afraid it might turn out like that.

Not going to watch it till I can watch it in good quality.

The book was written for children you know. Anyway, I think what he says about the film forcing too many funny moments isn't true. I think it's much more light-hearted than LOTR but it's not forced IMO.
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

John Dies at the End.

About the first 25% of the plot from the book, then nonsensically skips to the end. Such a disappointment because the book was one of those rare horror comedies that had as much horror as it had comedy and it blended successfully. Even more impressively, it was lowbrow penis comedy and lovecraftian cosmic horror.
01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Piss off.

01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm not sure why I said that ^, I could have sworn I saw a Hobbit spoiler or something.

Anyways, the last two films I watched were:

1. Dazed and Confused - After hearing about how great this film was I had to see this. The film is about Freshmen and Seniors in America on the last day of school in Texas 1976. The film is iconic because of its apparently very accurate portrayal of life as teenagers back then, which is shocking because they were pretty crazy.

The film is overall a very fun film to watch and will make you feel good (or even jealous). The characters are great, acting is 10/10. The thing I can say is, this film IS and will be loved that little bit more for the people who were teens in the 70's, so doesn't apply to us guys sadly. Nevertheless really good film with kick ass cars and soundtrack!

[Image: David-Wooderson.jpg]

2. 50/50. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen. I am a fan of JGL, I think Rogen can be funny but this film is probably him at his best. He was one of the producers of the film too. The film is a Comedy Drama about a 27 year old man who finds he has cancer and has you guessed it a 50% chance of living. The film is fantastic in the way that it will engage you into the films world, this is due to the great acting by everyone. Because of this you'll be laughing and very possibly crying (I never cry watching films but this one nearly got me).

Things to look out for:
Skeletor (Cutest dog i've ever seen in a film).
Anna Kendrick (Cutest girl i've ever seen in a film)
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Radiohead - High and Dry.

[Image: 50-50-2011-Promotional-Stills-anna-kendr...4-2560.jpg]

01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Just watched Videodrome as Bridge recommended, it was a really really weird, but it was pretty good, some things were too weird and cheesy but overall it was pretty good, I don't get the existential theme though, I thought it was a rather basic concept.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(01-27-2013, 05:46 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Last film I saw was The Hobbit. I seemed to have liked it but the rest of my family thought it was boring. :\

At least it was better than Skyfall which I saw before The Hobbit.

The only way you can like the movie is by being a Tolkien fanboy. The very structure of the film, down to every last detail both tell you this. That's why it didn't get good reviews, as the critics follow the mindset that movies made from books better fucking be watered down to fuck. That said, I had a massive boner the entire film.

(01-28-2013, 07:18 PM)Bridge Wrote: The book was written for children you know. Anyway, I think what he says about the film forcing too many funny moments isn't true. I think it's much more light-hearted than LOTR but it's not forced IMO.

KISS ME YOU FOOL!

A Clockwork Orange.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 02:00 AM by failedALIAS.)
01-31-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(01-31-2013, 12:57 AM)nackidno Wrote: Just watched Videodrome as Bridge recommended, it was a really really weird, but it was pretty good, some things were too weird and cheesy but overall it was pretty good, I don't get the existential theme though, I thought it was a rather basic concept.

Definitely get the commentary for that. Seriously, watching a Cronenberg with commentary from Cronenberg is like watching a completely different movie. They can be a bit hard to listen to as Cronenberg is kind of timid and speaks in a high, quiet voice, but they are infinitely interesting. If you liked what you saw, watch Naked Lunch, which I consider to be his masterpiece.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't mean to say that existentialism was a huge theme of the movie when I said "you'll question whether even you exist" (paraphrasing). I just meant that Cronenberg movies are so unconventional that by the time you're finished watching you'll forget what real life is. Basically I mean you'll forget what a conventional movie actually is, because he pulls off the surrealist format so masterfully you don't even notice.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM by Bridge.)
01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

The last film I watched was Battle Royal. Saw it for the first time :p
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

So I just watched Silver Linings Playbook, a very recent film which gathered crazy good reviews.

Its hard for me to say what I think of this film. It really depends on what you enjoy watching. Yes this is a rom-com slightly, more so a romantic drama as this film doesn't have a great amount of humour (there just wasn't, there wasn't anything forced which is good)

The whole mental illness aspect is interesting and reminded me of my brother.

I kinda get bored when american films use american football as a catalyst for the narrative because I hate the 'sport' so much.

The film has a good cast... Bradley Cooper is the main character, a solid performance by him. Robert De Niro, one of his better roles recently. Jennifer Lawrence is VERY good in this film, first time i've seen her in a film. I even seen Julia Stiles and Chris Tucker, who don't play big roles in the film but its nice to see them after so long.

IS THIS FILM AS GOOD AS PEOPLE SAY IT IS?
Depending on what you like to watch, and stereotypically judging from what I think you guys like then I'd say don't rush to watch this one. By no means is the film not good, its just probably not going to be that enjoyable for you.

02-02-2013, 04:18 AM
Find